Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC profiles not showing up in LR 6 on Mac  (Read 1135 times)

Pluminland

ICC profiles not showing up in LR 6 on Mac
« on: May 03, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »

I have a Mac running the latest OS  Sierra.  I am using LR 6 at present.  But, I just bought a year of the LR and PS CC deal but it is not yet installed.

I have a new Epson P800 printer and lots of paper from Breathing Color that I want to use on it.

However, I can't seem to get the ICC profiles to show up in LR.     I have installed the profile for the Lyve canvas into the user/library/colorsync/profile folder.   How do I get LR to see it and I can select it?    I there some trick I don't know?

On my old HP printer had a paper type setting with a  Custom area where my Breathing Color profiles showed up.  All I can find are areas for various Epson papers.   I see no way to find the Breathing Color ICC profile.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:11:41 pm by Pluminland »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: ICC profiles not showing up in LR 6 on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 10:15:40 pm »

In LR to get new profiles to show up you need to go to the Print module, click on the profiles dropdown, at the bottom of the list click on "Other", a list of your installed profiles will appear, and you then check in the box to the left of each profile you want to retain in the LR profiles menu. You will need to likewise in the Develop Module for profiles you want for softproofing. Exit the application, relaunch it, and you will find them there. Or you may find them without relaunching, depends.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Pluminland

Re: ICC profiles not showing up in LR 6 on Mac
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 10:29:48 pm »

Thank you Mark.     
Pages: [1]   Go Up