Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen gear  (Read 2574 times)

shootingalot

• Team up or no success
Stolen gear
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:33:38 am »

Hi guys. I am in Haiti on a project. Unfortunately my rental and some personal equipment was stolen the other day. It's extremely inconvenient and even having insurance I still can't help the case is hat I have hard drives stolen with not yet duplicated images. It's a phase one iq350 system with few lenses. I never had to deal with such problems and would like to know if there is any way that I could find my stuff. Not that i am very keen to enter some areas alone but police isn't helping me ch. I reported the gear stolen to the rental house and my insurance broker as well. Any suggestions? Please share if you can. Thanks

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Stolen gear
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:41:19 pm »

Yes, be very careful that you don't get robbed again. My son was robbed on two consecutive days. The second time they took his passport which was actually worse.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Deardorff

Re: Stolen gear
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

One thing to do is an internet search from time to time keying in the serial number of the body, lenses, etc. Not all sites dump metadata when an image is posted and your gear just might show up in a search. It has happened to others and is useful in tracking image use so can be useful to find your gear over time.

If you do so and a search shows images from the serial numbers contact law enforcement first rather than the individual. Getting visited by cops carries a lot more weight than if you make contact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up