Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gerber Cat UV - UV lamp alternatives  (Read 1562 times)

TonyW

Gerber Cat UV - UV lamp alternatives
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:01:28 pm »

I am writing on behalf of a friend who is just starting a print business and recently purchased a used Gerber Cat UV printer.  Working on a very limited budget he has had some issues recently with inks not drying/curing via the UV light. 

Wanting to pre-empt the ink supply problem that will happen next year when inks no longer produced he has sourced some alternatives but as can be expected the formulation is different and this is the cause of the non drying - additionally the fitted UV lamps on this used machine are not the original Gerber, hardly surprising due to the extremely high cost.

Is there anyone here who has had experience of this printer or can suggest a supplier of Metal Halide UV lamps (190cm) that are likely to be strong enough for the job or even a successful modification?

I appreciate that there may not be enough detail given here but I am hopeful that someone will step forward  :)

Thanks in advance

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Gerber Cat UV - UV lamp alternatives
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:54:35 pm »

I am writing on behalf of a friend who is just starting a print business and recently purchased a used Gerber Cat UV printer.  Working on a very limited budget he has had some issues recently with inks not drying/curing via the UV light. 

Wanting to pre-empt the ink supply problem that will happen next year when inks no longer produced he has sourced some alternatives but as can be expected the formulation is different and this is the cause of the non drying - additionally the fitted UV lamps on this used machine are not the original Gerber, hardly surprising due to the extremely high cost.

Is there anyone here who has had experience of this printer or can suggest a supplier of Metal Halide UV lamps (190cm) that are likely to be strong enough for the job or even a successful modification?

I appreciate that there may not be enough detail given here but I am hopeful that someone will step forward  :)

Thanks in advance

https://www.heraeus.com/en/hng/products_and_solutions/uv_lamps_and_systems/amba_uv_lamps_and_components.aspx

Amba has been a good source for lamps and advice when I needed a UV curing solution for silkscreen inks. Years ago and in Europe though.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

TonyW

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:02 pm »

https://www.heraeus.com/en/hng/products_and_solutions/uv_lamps_and_systems/amba_uv_lamps_and_components.aspx

Amba has been a good source for lamps and advice when I needed a UV curing solution for silkscreen inks. Years ago and in Europe though.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
Hartelijk dank, Ernst, ik zal deze informatie doorgeven aan mijn vriend  :) 

I hope Google translate worked as it is supposed to say Thank you very much Ernst, I will pass this information on to my friend :)

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:56:29 am »

Hartelijk dank, Ernst, ik zal deze informatie doorgeven aan mijn vriend  :) 

I hope Google translate worked as it is supposed to say Thank you very much Ernst, I will pass this information on to my friend :)

Excellent translation to Dutch, better than I used to get with Google but that it for languages like Italian, Spanish.

Kind regards, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up