Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC PA271W  (Read 2678 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
NEC PA271W
« on: April 26, 2017, 07:32:48 pm »

I've had this 271 for a while now and its hot.  Heat just rools off the face of the screen.  Not so bad in the winter,not so good when its warm.  So I'm considering a new monitor, and I'll stay with NEC and it must have Spectraview compatibality.

The question...does the 272W run substantially cooler? 

Also if I move up to UHD or 4k, any suggestions? 
Craig Lamson Photo

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: NEC PA271W
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 09:57:33 pm »

I took delivery or a 272 a few weeks ago to replace the 271. Yes, it does run cooler, though I never noticed heat from the screen, only the top.
It's supposed to be much more energy efficient.
David

Edit: just spent 2 hours working with 2 screens. The PA 241 is warm to the touch on top and the PA 272 is cold.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 05:23:26 am by David Sutton »

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:11:23 pm »

I've had this 271 for a while now and its hot.  Heat just rools off the face of the screen.  Not so bad in the winter,not so good when its warm.  So I'm considering a new monitor, and I'll stay with NEC and it must have Spectraview compatibality.

The question...does the 272W run substantially cooler? 

Also if I move up to UHD or 4k, any suggestions?

I'm sitting here in front of my PA 271 typing this response.  There is "warmth" from the top vents, but ZERO perceived warmth from the screen itself.  If you're actually getting that kind of heat from the screen, I think I'd be making sure there isn't some kind of internal malfunction.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:13:59 pm »

I took delivery or a 272 a few weeks ago to replace the 271. Yes, it does run cooler, though I never noticed heat from the screen, only the top.
It's supposed to be much more energy efficient.
David

Edit: just spent 2 hours working with 2 screens. The PA 241 is warm to the touch on top and the PA 272 is cold.

David,

How did the 272 calibrate compared to the 271?  I have a "2" series monitor on the way from NEC, to eventually replace my 271, and have been curious if there are any differences in using the SVII for calibration?

Rand Scott Adams

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 12:41:10 am »

Hi.
I checked that Spectraview was the latest version, plugged in the puck and it went fine. I just want it to work.  :)
The delta e was a big improvement and I have the impression the colour is better, but haven't bothered to verify that. It's a very nice screen.
David

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:05:25 am »

I'm sitting here in front of my PA 271 typing this response.  There is "warmth" from the top vents, but ZERO perceived warmth from the screen itself.  If you're actually getting that kind of heat from the screen, I think I'd be making sure there isn't some kind of internal malfunction.

Rand

There is a great deal of heat coming from the surface of the screen and there has been for the last few years that I have owned this monitor.  Aside from the heat it has been fantastic.  I should mention that I have a hood on this monitor .
Craig Lamson Photo

Rand47

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:18:31 am »

There is a great deal of heat coming from the surface of the screen and there has been for the last few years that I have owned this monitor.  Aside from the heat it has been fantastic.  I should mention that I have a hood on this monitor .

Mine has the NEC hood also, FYI.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up