Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Skepticism about Climate Change  (Read 213712 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Skepticism about Climate Change
« Reply #1280 on: September 23, 2017, 09:27:17 pm »

For you Alan, here is the plain English explanation, http://smithplanet.com/stuff/iceandwater.htm  You need to read it carefully and the focus on the final section.  It's not just the breaking apart, but the migration and melting of the bound up water.
I'm a little confused by your post.  The last part of the article discusses how there's a 2.6% increase over the displacement, but that is due to differences in salinity.  According to Archimedes principal and your link, there would be no change when melted if the shelf was salt water like the ocean. 

But your comment refers to migration, so I'm confused about that.  Are you referring to what happens to the rest of the Larsen C ice shelf or what?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1281 on: September 23, 2017, 09:30:50 pm »

... aspects of science that could be difficult to believe for the non-professional. I am thinking of things like relativity (special or general) or evolution...

Neither of which requires us to forgo economic growth or castigates us for not doing so, for a 5% risk over the next 100 years. I face more risk crossing the street every day. Heck, even marriage carries a 50/50 risk. 5%?... meh.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1282 on: September 23, 2017, 09:34:36 pm »

A CBC Ideas podcast about encountering climate change "deniers": http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/decoding-the-resistance-to-climate-change-are-we-doomed-1.4288483. This won't appeal to some, but I point it out for information's sake.

I placed "deniers" in parentheses because I don't personally believe it's only about denying and it's not only about climate change. I'd say that this issue is not a debate about science or skepticism, it has become a lightning rod for some. A lightning rod of what, I don't know, some kind of generic rebellion. I can't express the thought very well, I hope there are others who can. It's such an odd thing that people have latched onto it to be skeptical about, given all the other "magical" aspects of science that could be difficult to believe for the non-professional. I am thinking of things like relativity (special or general) or evolution. Do people view those as the far-out ideas of elites that should be fought against? Why not?
Maybe you're the one who's being too gullible. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1283 on: September 23, 2017, 10:19:46 pm »

And that would be the evidence of what exactly?
To answer your question - Evidence of ticks starting to feel comfortable in Ontario.

Before, the winters here were simply too harsh for the ticks to establish a beachhead north of Great Lakes. Until 2000, the only known Canadian population of ticks was found at Long Point, on the north shore of Lake Erie. In other words, before there was NO EVIDENCE of ticks in Ontario. It was evident both to the scientists and general public that ticks found the Ontario winter too cold for their liking.

https://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/eppp-archive/100/201/300/cdn_medical_association/cmaj/vol-162/issue-11/1573.htm

However, recent weather changes in Ontario changed everything, and now there is a strong evidence that the ticks moved into Ontario.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - Warm weather in Ontario has created the ideal conditions for ticks to thrive and officials are warning people to keep an eye on their loved ones, including furry friends.
Black-legged ticks, which are the primary vectors of the Lyme disease bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi, are present in the Hamilton-Wentworth region of Ontario, according to a recent study published by the International Journal of Medical Sciences. The insects have also been spotted in York Region.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/study-warns-ticks-that-spread-lyme-disease-are-in-ontario/66865

As to the polar bears, they are not used to the warm temperatures in Canadian north, and now you can find them in places which have never seen the polar bears before.  The bears must be thinking - since it's getting so warm in James Bay, why not check out conditions around Lake Ontario. Just last week, on my recent trip coming home from a lake up north to Toronto, I spotted an inquisitive bear loitering on the southbound Highway #400. :o

Karen Cummings of the Polar Bear Habitat, a polar bear reserve in Cochrane, Ont., says several James Bay communities had polar bears within their town limits for the first time in years in 2016. Cummings says she knows of at least eight instances between December 2015 and December 2016, and adds that climate change is believed to be behind the increasing number of bears moving into towns in search of food.

http://www.macleans.ca/society/james-bay-first-nations-seeing-more-polar-bears-in-their-communities/

In my book, that's a good evidence bears getting confused and fidgety, and getting into a trouble. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1284 on: September 23, 2017, 10:27:50 pm »

Les, I would think that there are some Ontarians who like the heat as much as ticks. :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1285 on: September 23, 2017, 10:30:59 pm »

Very true! I swam today in a very agreeable Lake Couchiching, 100 km north of Toronto.
Air temperature was 30C, with Humidex if felt like 38C, water temperature around 20C.  Almost like in Miami.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:54:23 pm by LesPalenik »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1286 on: September 23, 2017, 11:02:36 pm »

Very true! I swam today in a very agreeable Lake Couchiching, 100 km north of Toronto.
Air temperature was 30C, with Humidex if felt like 38C, water temperature around 20C.  Almost like in Miami.

No hurricanes like Miami.  Yet. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1287 on: September 23, 2017, 11:21:00 pm »

No hurricanes like Miami.  Yet.
Luckily, also not many aligators so far. Although three years ago a small caiman was caught in a pond in the High Park in Toronto.

Ray

« Reply #1288 on: September 24, 2017, 02:01:45 am »

A CBC Ideas podcast about encountering climate change "deniers": http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/decoding-the-resistance-to-climate-change-are-we-doomed-1.4288483. This won't appeal to some, but I point it out for information's sake.

That's an interesting article, Robert, which does an excellent job in contributing to the confusion.  ;)

If I were to respond to every misguided point in the article, it would take another 64 pages. However, Naomi Oreskes, does make some valid points. For many people, the issue might well be about government regulation and intervention rather than the science.

My impression is that most people don't have an understanding of the fundamental processes of the scientific methodology, so it's understandable they can only react emotionally and politically to the issue.

For example, one interesting point that Naomi makes is that 20% of Australians don't even believe in climate change at all, according to one survey. Such is their ignorance.

This fact perhaps explains in part why a former Prime Minister of Australia, Julia Gillard, coined the slogan, which she repeated on many occasions, 'Climate Change is Real'.

Nothing wrong with that of course, except it was a rather puzzling statement for me because of  the context in which she used slogan, which was always about CO2-induced climate change. In other words, her slogan appeared to be an abbreviation for 'Human-induced Climate Change is real'. She seemed to be trying to conflate the undeniable fact that climate is always changing, with the far less certain view that human emissions of CO2 are the cause of the current change.

Of course, this is just the nature of politics. However, Science is different. Science does not sweep inconvenient truths under the carpet, or confuse uncertainties with certainty.

As I mentioned before, about 20 years ago, I assumed that the reports in the news media, and interviews with climate scientists in the media, all warning about the potential catastrophe of rising CO2 levels, were true. That's because I was so ignorant on the issue of climate.

However, because of my concern about the issue, and my puzzlement as to why governments were not tackling the problem more swiftly, I became interested in exploring and inquiring about this issue of climate change for myself, and discovered, with some amazement, what appeared to be very relevant facts which were never mentioned during interviews with the climate scientists in the media, or scientists in related fields. The only reason I could think of, for this omission, was that such facts might reduce the alarm about the effects of CO2.

As a perfect example, let's consider the following statement from Naomi Oreskes:
"The evidence is everywhere: forests retreating, glaciers melting, sea levels rising. Droughts, floods, wildfires and storms have increased five-fold over the past 50 years."

Do any of you alarmists detect anything misleading here? I do. I'll list them for you.

(1) Forests are retreating because humans are cutting them down for agricultural purposes, and/or the use of the timber. They are not retreating because of CO2 emissions. In fact, the remaining forests, which we haven't cut down, will tend to expand naturally, with more vigour, as a result of increased CO2 levels.
Increased CO2 levels help green the planet. Anyone disagree?

(2) In a slightly warming global climate, of around 1 degree C during the past 150 years, one would expect at least some degree of net melting of glaciers and some rise in sea levels. Melting glaciers and rising sea levels are evidence of warming, not evidence that rising CO2 levels are the cause. Anyone disagree?

(3) Droughts, floods, and storms have certainly not increased five-fold over the past 50 years, according to the Technical Summary in the latest IPCC report, which is the great authority for all AGW alarmists. So where is Naomi getting this information?

I'll repeat yet again, the Working Group 1 section of the latest AR5 IPCC report, which deals with the technical evidence, specifically states there is a lack of evidence to support the assertion that floods, droughts and hurricanes have been increasing in frequency or intensity since 1950, globally. Their terminology is 'low confidence', due to a lack of evidence.

Of course, the climate-change alarmists, such as Bart Vanderwolf   ;) , always try to squiggle out of such 'low confidence' claims by this so-called great authority on climate change, the IPCC. Bart tries to argue that 'low confidence due to lack of evidence' does not mean there's a 'low risk' of floods, droughts and hurricanes increasing.

Consider the following scenario. If a group of scientists were to claim it has 'low confidence' that there was any increase in the frequency and severity of floods, droughts and hurricanes during a particular 60 year period in 500 BC, 1,000 AD, or 1,600 AD, due to a lack of evidence, then most people would understand that one could not draw the conclusion that increases in extreme weather events never occurred. A lack of evidence understandably creates uncertainty, and the lack of evidence due to a lack of modern measuring devices in the past, is understandable.

However, in the modern era with sophisticated measuring devices, the world-wide monitoring of extreme weather events, the news media reportage of every major disaster almost immediately it occurs, as well as the regular reportage every day of the past day's weather and future predictions, in most regions that are inhabited by humans, the conclusions to be drawn from a 'consensus' of IPCC technical researchers that there is 'low confidence' due to a lack of evidence that the extreme weather events of droughts, floods and storms have been increasing, has other implications, does it not?

Extreme weather events are the only aspects of climate that people directly experience as being alarming. The reportage of such events is a not only a major news item, but such events are monitored by the bureaus of meteorology, or equivalent organisations, in most areas. Significant data must be gathered, surely. If we can't even gather enough data to be certain that extreme weather events are increasing, or not, as the case may be, then what degree of certainty can the science of climatology achieve in respect of the other extremely complex aspects of climate?

Now, I don't wish to insult Bart, it's not my style. I appreciate that he has great skills in applying computer technology to the analysis of camera performance and image processing. However, from my experience in general, people who are immersed in computer technology and programming will naturally tend to have a biased confidence in the processes they are specialized in.
My impression is that predictions of increases in frequency, and/or intensity of extreme floods, droughts and hurricanes, due to CO2 rises, are not based upon direct evidence of past and recent events, but are based upon computer modelling.

One reads many references to the unprecedented rainfall in the Houston area recently, from Hurricane Harvey. Over 50 inches of rain might be the heaviest downpour since records of rainfall began in the area, but not necessarily the heaviest if we could include the period before rainfall was recorded with relatively modern gauges.

Likewise, the record of 50 or more inches of rain at Houston, is not a record in the wider area. There are other places, such as Cuba and Hawaii that have received over 60 inches of rain during the past century, during a hurricane or storm.

It's very easy to emotionally respond to such extreme weather events, and in the absence of the historical evidence of previous events be conned into assuming that such events are linked to CO2 rises. It sort of gives people hope for the future. If we succeed in reducing CO2 levels, such disasters are less likely to occur again.

Finally, in order not to make the post too long, let's consider Robert's comment,

It's such an odd thing that people have latched onto it to be skeptical about, given all the other "magical" aspects of science that could be difficult to believe for the non-professional. I am thinking of things like relativity (special or general) or evolution. Do people view those as the far-out ideas of elites that should be fought against? Why not?

Eric Myrvaagnes, on this forum, has also made similar arguments. Why should people doubt science when scientists can predict solar eclipses?

The answer is obvious. People do not doubt the science that provides accurate predictions. Skepticism about the predictions of climate change is not an attack on science. It's a confirmation of the sound principles of science, which have to include skepticism in the absence of repeatable experimentation which can replicate the results, and which can provide an accuracy of predictions based upon a particular theory, and which can provide the opportunity or circumstances to simulate conditions with models, and conduct experiments to either falsify or confirm a particular theory. This is Science 101.

The reliable technological devices we use, such as cars, planes, TVs, guns, rockets, computers, X-ray equipment, telescopes, digital cameras and so on, (not to mention nuclear bombs), are not designed by climatologists. They are designed and based upon scientific theories which can be tested in real time in laboratories. The so-called science of climatology cannot meets these high standards because of the great complexity of the circumstances, the elements of chaos involved, the impossibility of creating an accurate model of the entire planet, the unreliability or scarcity of accurate data from the past and even the present, and the large time-scales involved in the process of climate change.

To phrase it as simply as possible, 'No CO2 equates to no life'. 'No skepticism equates to no scientific progress'.

Let's consider Robert's analogy of Einstein's theory of relativity. Did people view that as a far-out idea that should be fought? Absolutely! Many physicists of the time did not accept the theory. It needed to be proved through the usual process of experimentation, and falsification, over many years. As a result of this process Einstein's theory of General Relativity initially proved to be at least partially flawed, because he had assumed the universe was static, and therefore had included an unnecessary 'cosmological constant' in his equations.

"When Einstein developed his theory of gravity in the General Theory of Relativity, he thought he ran into the same problem that Newton did: his equations said that the universe should be either expanding or collapsing, yet he assumed that the universe was static. His original solution contained a constant term, called the cosmological constant, which cancelled the effects of gravity on very large scales, and led to a static universe. After Hubble discovered that the universe was expanding, Einstein called the cosmological constant his "greatest blunder."

Relativity is a falsifiable theory. It makes predictions that can be tested by experiment. However, even today, a hundred years after Einstein published his theories, their ultimate accuracy is again in doubt, as a result of recent observations from advanced telescopes in outer space.

Apparently, Dark Energy and Dark Matter are theoretical inventions that attempt to explain these observations that cannot otherwise be understood with existing theories.

There are suggestions that Einstein's theory needs another cosmological constant, or perhaps a completely new theory is required.  ;)

Thus endeth the lesson.  ;)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1289 on: September 24, 2017, 08:01:36 am »

Do any of you alarmists detect anything misleading here? I do. I'll list them for you.

(1) Forests are retreating because humans are cutting them down for agricultural purposes, and/or the use of the timber. They are not retreating because of CO2 emissions. In fact, the remaining forests, which we haven't cut down, will tend to expand naturally, with more vigour, as a result of increased CO2 levels.
Increased CO2 levels help green the planet. Anyone disagree?
Warmer winters have resulted in more insect and disease damage here in the US.  Weakened trees die off.  Extremes in weather also have resulted in more forest fires with destruction of timber lands.  It is not all from cutting down trees.

(2) In a slightly warming global climate, of around 1 degree C during the past 150 years, one would expect at least some degree of net melting of glaciers and some rise in sea levels. Melting glaciers and rising sea levels are evidence of warming, not evidence that rising CO2 levels are the cause. Anyone disagree?
Been discussing this issue for too many pages on LuLa.  CO2 emission increases are but one component of climate change.

I'll repeat yet again, the Working Group 1 section of the latest AR5 IPCC report, which deals with the technical evidence, specifically states there is a lack of evidence to support the assertion that floods, droughts and hurricanes have been increasing in frequency or intensity since 1950, globally. Their terminology is 'low confidence', due to a lack of evidence.

Of course, the climate-change alarmists, such as Bart Vanderwolf   ;) , always try to squiggle out of such 'low confidence' claims by this so-called great authority on climate change, the IPCC. Bart tries to argue that 'low confidence due to lack of evidence' does not mean there's a 'low risk' of floods, droughts and hurricanes increasing.
You have your selective interpretation of the report.  A number of us disagree with that and I doubt that either side will sway the other.

However, in the modern era with sophisticated measuring devices, the world-wide monitoring of extreme weather events, the news media reportage of every major disaster almost immediately it occurs, as well as the regular reportage every day of the past day's weather and future predictions, in most regions that are inhabited by humans, the conclusions to be drawn from a 'consensus' of IPCC technical researchers that there is 'low confidence' due to a lack of evidence that the extreme weather events of droughts, floods and storms have been increasing, has other implications, does it not?
Temperature data for the Washington DC area goes back over 100 years.  the hottest years on record have been within the past 10 years.

Now, I don't wish to insult Bart, it's not my style. I appreciate that he has great skills in applying computer technology to the analysis of camera performance and image processing. However, from my experience in general, people who are immersed in computer technology and programming will naturally tend to have a biased confidence in the processes they are specialized in.
My impression is that predictions of increases in frequency, and/or intensity of extreme floods, droughts and hurricanes, due to CO2 rises, are not based upon direct evidence of past and recent events, but are based upon computer modelling.
It's not just Bart, but some of us also have advanced degrees in the physical sciences and happen to believe that climate change is real and a result of human intervention (as does the US military and intelligence agencies who have been looking at this as well)

One reads many references to the unprecedented rainfall in the Houston area recently, from Hurricane Harvey. Over 50 inches of rain might be the heaviest downpour since records of rainfall began in the area, but not necessarily the heaviest if we could include the period before rainfall was recorded with relatively modern gauges.

Likewise, the record of 50 or more inches of rain at Houston, is not a record in the wider area. There are other places, such as Cuba and Hawaii that have received over 60 inches of rain during the past century, during a hurricane or storm.
Apples and Oranges comparison.  Hawaii is nothing like Houston, nor is Cuba (which is more exposed to hurricaines than Houston because of the tracking path of the majority of storms).  Washington DC gets more rain than Sydney Australia; so what?

It's very easy to emotionally respond to such extreme weather events, and in the absence of the historical evidence of previous events be conned into assuming that such events are linked to CO2 rises. It sort of gives people hope for the future. If we succeed in reducing CO2 levels, such disasters are less likely to occur again.
Not emotion at all but a question of whether steps can be taken to potential mitigate the problem at some level.  I don't think anyone is saying that controlling CO2 levels will be the ONLY solution but it will be part of a broader approach.  Of course we could do nothing and see how things play out (though a conclusive end to the story will not take place in my lifetime)

The reliable technological devices we use, such as cars, planes, TVs, guns, rockets, computers, X-ray equipment, telescopes, digital cameras and so on, (not to mention nuclear bombs), are not designed by climatologists. They are designed and based upon scientific theories which can be tested in real time in laboratories. The so-called science of climatology cannot meets these high standards because of the great complexity of the circumstances, the elements of chaos involved, the impossibility of creating an accurate model of the entire planet, the unreliability or scarcity of accurate data from the past and even the present, and the large time-scales involved in the process of climate change.
Absolutely not true as one can point to examples where climate science predicted large problems which were resolved (SST plane exhaust causing disruption of the upper atmosphere chemistry; chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants affecting the ozone layer to cite but two examples).

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1290 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:53 am »

The new hights (lows?) the lunatic, deranged left has reached: they now claim that oil companies should have stopped oil production and marketing, on their own, decades ago. And they are taking them to court for not doing so. Seriously. And no, this isn't an Onion article:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/09/21/san-francisco-and-oakland-sue-top-five-oil-and-gas-companies-over-costs-of-climate-change/

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1291 on: September 24, 2017, 11:50:49 am »

That seems to be the evidence of the "97% consensus"? Or, more precisely, evidence that humans are prone to a confirmation bias.

Can you cite at least one "evidence"? Les actually made at least an effort in that direction, with bears and ticks, but it only proves a changing climate, which has been going on for, oh, I don't know, five billion years?, overwhelmingly without human interference.

You asked, "which weight of evidence supports the man-made global warming theory?"

First of all the evidence that global warming is real, which some still deny:
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

That also has a list of references, some of which address the anthropogenic component of Global Warming. I'm not sure in the NOAA carries any weight in your view.

A lecture that closely reflects the consensus between many scientific publications: The Scientific Case for Urgent Action to Limit Climate Change
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Q271UaNPo

The evidence of the anthropogenic cause is in the GigaTonnes of CO2 that humanity emits into the atmosphere (and 40% of which is absorbed by the oceans) which make the CO2 levels in the air rise as they do. It's possible to calculate the GigaTonnes of CO2 from the amount of fossil fuel that we burn, and the amount of cement we produce, and the amount of biomass that is left, etc. , which largely correlates with the observations of CO2 levels in the air.

The evidence of the human-induced source of the CO2 level rise is revealed by (its) chemistry: It's humans burning fossil fuels, and not volcanoes or the ocean.
"It's Us"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PrrTk6DqzE&t=13s

So if Oxygen decreases when CO2 increases, this points to the burning of (fossil) fuel. When the chemical composition of the Carbon is analyzed, it points to fossil fuel.

Who is burning fossil fuel? Us humans, we are.

Cheers,
Bart

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:05:17 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1292 on: September 24, 2017, 12:05:25 pm »

... The evidence of the anthropogenic cause is in the GigaTonnes of CO2 that humanity emits into the atmosphere...

Ah, finally!

The correlation argument, of course. The above is the evidence that humans create additional CO2. Only that. It is not evidence that it causes climate change, nor it is evidence that it only has negative consequences. Correlation does not imply causation. The climate during its five billion of years changed much more dramatically, both cooling and warming, without any human interference. You are looking at 100 years of records (vs. five billion) and finding a correlation with something. That is called data mining and massaging, until you get something to correlate with your preconceptions.  Statisticians have found and published a correlation between the length of mini-skirts and inflation in Britain. That at least is funny.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1293 on: September 24, 2017, 12:09:44 pm »

... The so-called science of climatology cannot meets these high standards because of the great complexity of the circumstances, the elements of chaos involved, the impossibility of creating an accurate model of the entire planet, the unreliability or scarcity of accurate data from the past and even the present, and the large time-scales involved in the process of climate change....

Thanks, Ray, for eloquently elaborating on my comment that the climate "science" is part science, part art, part black magic.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1294 on: September 24, 2017, 12:10:26 pm »

The new hights (lows?) the lunatic, deranged left has reached: they now claim that oil companies should have stopped oil production and marketing, on their own, decades ago. And they are taking them to court for not doing so. Seriously. And no, this isn't an Onion article:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/09/21/san-francisco-and-oakland-sue-top-five-oil-and-gas-companies-over-costs-of-climate-change/

Well, the following publication shows that the Oil industry knew more than they advertised ...
Assessing ExxonMobil's climate change communications (1977–2014)
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/aa815f/meta

They didn't keep quite because they were afraid that we couldn't handle the truth, but because they could make more money.

Cheers,
Bart

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1295 on: September 24, 2017, 12:15:14 pm »

... They didn't keep quite because they were afraid that we couldn't handle the truth, but because they could make more money.

Yes, I know, about every 400 miles a member of the oil industry comes to me, puts the gun to my head, and forces me to fill up my tank. All so that they can make more money.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1296 on: September 24, 2017, 12:19:18 pm »

Ah, finally!

The correlation argument, of course. The above is the evidence that humans create additional CO2. Only that. It is not evidence that it causes climate change, nor it is evidence that it only has negative consequences. Correlation does not imply causation. The climate during its five billion of years changed much more dramatically, both cooling and warming, without any human interference.

But never at this rate of change (as far as the records reveal), and from different causes.

We're not talking about a change that takes 10,000 or more years, we're talking about change within decades.
And no, we're not only talking about correlations but also about predictable and measurable effects and of known chemical processes.

Here's a lecture that explains a bit more about how sure we can be about old Carbon records:
Richard Alley: "The Biggest Control Knob: Carbon Dioxide in Earth's Climate History"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RffPSrRpq_g

But I somehow doubt you were really interested in the evidence, to begin with, so feel free to ignore it again ...

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:32:51 pm by BartvanderWolf »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1297 on: September 24, 2017, 12:32:42 pm »

This surprises you?  We have multiple lawsuits going on where I live trying to prevent building a light rail system that is supposed to relieve traffic congestion.  Don't you remember the old American axiom, "If somebody can be sued, they will be sued."  It is the first law of jurisprudence!!!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1298 on: September 24, 2017, 12:35:58 pm »

... And no, we're not only talking about correlations but also about predictable and measurable effects and of known chemical processes...

Yes, if you only look in one direction, you will find "predictable and measurable effects" in that direction. That's called a tunnel vision. You only see the negative. And you also fail to see and take into account a myriad simultaneous effects, causes and consequences that contribute to the climate.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1299 on: September 24, 2017, 12:39:39 pm »

Yes, if you only look in one direction, you will find "predictable and measurable effects" in that direction. That's called a tunnel vision. You only see the negative. And you also fail to see and take into account a myriad simultaneous effects, causes and consequences that contribute to the climate.

Then to get equally silly, how can You prove that it is not caused by human activities?
Show us your evidence ...

Cheers,
Bart
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72   Go Up