Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Browser View Default  (Read 2786 times)

jemsurvey

Changing Browser View Default
« on: April 22, 2017, 10:52:04 am »

Hello All,

When editing a photo in the Viewer I have the browser on the bottom of the page and I prefer to have it set in Filmstrip mode.  However each time I switch between the Viewer and Browser and back to the Viewer, the browser on the bottom of the page defaults back to Grid mode.  How can I set this so it defaults to Filmstrip mode, if its possible? Its annoying to have to click the Filmstrip icon each time I switch between Browser and Viewer.

Thanks,
John

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Re: Changing Browser View Default
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 11:20:32 am »

When editing a photo in the Viewer I have the browser on the bottom of the page and I prefer to have it set in Filmstrip mode.  However each time I switch between the Viewer and Browser and back to the Viewer, the browser on the bottom of the page defaults back to Grid mode.  How can I set this so it defaults to Filmstrip mode, if its possible?

I haven't tried, but I wonder if saving the setup like you want it as a workspace would do it?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

jemsurvey

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 07:05:18 am »

Already tried that and it does not work, thanks.

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30:22 am »

Are you by chance using the Shift / Command "B" shortcut to get to your browser?

If so, try just using Command "B". When you add the shift key it automatically puts the browser at the bottom.

jemsurvey

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:53:43 am »

No the issue is not the location its when I switch from Viewer to Browser and back to Viewer the browser along the bottom defaults to Grid view and I want it to stay in Filmstrip view.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »

Which version are you using? In my experience the browser view switches to grid when you hide the viewer and returns back to filmstrip when showing the viewer again.

If you use Grid or List Mode, then it always stays in the same mode

C1 10.02 / Windows 10

jemsurvey

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:17:13 pm »

Yes that's the behavior I'm looking for but it does not return to filmstrip mode for me, goes back to grid. CO 10.02 MacOS Sierra.

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 02:39:03 pm »

Interesting behavior. Just like you said. Tried it on Version 10 Beta 5 and it works like you describe.

If you have the viewer and browser showing you can show/hide the browser with CMD-B and that retains the browser in the mode you had, filmstrip or grid.

However if, you hide the Viewer with OPT-V the Browser always displays Grid mode and Filmstrip mode is disabled. Filmstrip is a single row of images so it makes sense to have it go to Grid mode when it has the full screen.

When show the Viewer back with OPT-V the Viewer always comes back in Grid mode. I believe you would like it to display back to the mode you had it in when you bring back the Viewer with OPT-V.

You should fill out a Support Request to have C1 save the browser mode when hiding the Viewer so when you bring back the Viewer it will display the way you want.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

jemsurvey

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 04:21:03 pm »

I've been thinking about submitting a Support Ticket.

Jglaser757

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 04:23:02 pm »

Well,, I set my viewer to film strip, went into my keyboard shortcuts and made sure it was (option +command + V)  and the viewer comes up with a film strip and same thing when I try to hide it.. Also with option+ command + B,,hiding browser I have not problem retaining the filmstrip mode..

I think there is an issue with your settings...do you have it set viewer mode to primary?

Also make sure your set to filmstrip mode..i remember having this type of issue but dont really remember the solution yet..

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 06:44:45 pm »

If you set your view to have the Viewer showing and have the Browser showing and set to Filmstrip.

And then set the Browser set to Auto the Viewer will show and the Browser will be hidden. There will be a triangle in the bottom center of viewer window.

When you mouse over the triangle then the browser will show under the Viewer and whatever mode the Browser was set in will be retained.

Really handy but, that still means that you have the Viewer showing or the Viewer and Browser showing. Works in Primary View or Multi View

Not showing just the Viewer or Browser. That is still an issue. At least for me.

I am on Mac 10.12.4 with C1 10.1 Beta 5.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

Jglaser757

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 07:58:16 pm »

Ooo,,thats a great little ad on,,I just set it up,,still have film strip when switching back and forth..You got a bad bug in your system...
Pages: [1]   Go Up