Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Malaga Vicinity Ideas, please  (Read 3112 times)

DonWeston

Malaga Vicinity Ideas, please
« on: August 09, 2006, 02:01:39 pm »

Have a condo booked in April in Mijas area and would like ideas for possible daytrips from there. Will have a car. Want to mix photos with relaxation and Spanish life style. Teen daughters speak more Spanish then me and wife, is that a problem? Really looking forward to Granada, maybe Cordoba, Seville and Tangier. What else? Also is that too much for seven days? Thanks, in advance. Also, can you use a tripod in cathedrals in area? Shooting digital. Is theft an issue walking around smaller towns like Mijas etc...? Aany advice would be greatly appreciated.

rvanr

• http://www.vanruitenbeek.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 05:15:04 am »

Hi Don

I am sure you'll have a great time. I have been in that area many times and will go back for more. The 'Pueblos Blancos' in the surrounding mountains are very photogenic and will offer different kinds of opportunities: street scenes, architecture, portraits, cats. The mountain scenery when you go inland is spectacular, especially around Ronda. Ronda is famous for its bridge and the oldest bull ring in Spain and the surrounding area is less touristy than Mijas and the coast.

I don't think Tangier and Cordoba are in day trip range, but Seville and Granada are certainly worth a visit (Granada would be my favourite, just). Camera's are OK in most cathedrals, but tripods often require a special permit to be arranged before your visit (and I don't know what the cost would be).

April is great time to go: not too hot. Don't worry about crime too much, just take the usual precautions, don't leave valuables on display in your car.

Have a look at my website for some examples of what kind of things you could shoot: www.vanruitenbeek.com

bg1

• http://www.avistaandaluz.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:54:02 pm »

Have a condo booked in April in Mijas area and would like ideas for possible daytrips from there. Will have a car. Want to mix photos with relaxation and Spanish life style. Teen daughters speak more Spanish then me and wife, is that a problem? Really looking forward to Granada, maybe Cordoba, Seville and Tangier. What else? Also is that too much for seven days? Thanks, in advance. Also, can you use a tripod in cathedrals in area? Shooting digital. Is theft an issue walking around smaller towns like Mijas etc...? Aany advice would be greatly appreciated.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72891\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Don
I live in one of the most beautiful "white villages" Olvera, and confirm rvanr's comments about Ronda as a day trip. Also worth travelling to Antequerra, and maybe even Olvera !!? Take a look at my website to get an idea of the kind of images. Depending on when in April you are over it will be worth taking in at least one Semana Santa procession - all towns and villages have them during Easter week.
Enjoy.   (www.avistaandaluz.com)

jorgedelfino

• http://www.jorgedelfino.com
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 09:39:57 am »

make sure you go to Cordoba, (the mosque), Granada, (alhambra). and even Sevilla, if you hit the "feria" in Sevilla, you never forget it! the whole Andalucia is just great, people and food are nice too.
have fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up