Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rummage photo sale  (Read 847 times)

raymond bleesz

Rummage photo sale
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:29:50 am »

Our photo club will be conducting its first "rummage sale", an attempt to unload personal photo stuff which has been in our closets for too long.

What experience have any forum members had regarding this type of sale? We are planning a friday/sat event from 10 to 5 and it is indoors at our gallery.

What pre advertising efforts were worthy or what created the most community "buzz" regarding the photo sale?

do any of you have a piece of art work which they would share with us which was used in promoting the event?

Your suggestions regarding making this a successful event would be appreciated.

BrownBear

Re: Rummage photo sale
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:54 am »

I'd give serious thought to "security." I know of two such events where an organized group of scumbags descended, swarming tables to create confusion, then pocketing about anything that would fit in a pocket before heading en mass for the door. Members lost a whole lot of stuff and could do poop all about it.  Cameras, lenses and accessories are quite attractive for the car-trunk secondhand market.

drmike

• On Flickr:
Re: Rummage photo sale
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:14:03 pm »

We have had two auctions of items (not all photographic) at our club. It's amazing how many camera bags people have. It raised funds for the club and I got some reasonably priced B&M Ilford paper which is proving very useful.

It was an enjoyable evening but you need a good and amusing auctioneer. No, you can't borrow Uncle Len.

Security wasn't an issue and I think my paper was the most expensive purchase of the evening.

Above all it was fun.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up