Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom mobile camera  (Read 8223 times)

ButchM

Re: Lightroom mobile camera
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 09:52:58 am »

And yet I find it irrelevant to making good use of it.

I guess you are conveniently ignoring the fact that I am able to accomplish keywording images in other apps on my iPad ... for years now ... If independent developers with a staff of one can do it (years ago), why is it such a monumental, insurmountable, cost prohibitive task for a multi-billion dollar, multi-national, corporation with far more resources that measures their monthly subscribers in the millions?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 10:30:48 am »

I guess you are conveniently ignoring the fact that I am able to accomplish keywording images in other apps on my iPad ... for years now ... If independent developers with a staff of one can do it (years ago), why is it such a monumental, insurmountable, cost prohibitive task for a multi-billion dollar, multi-national, corporation with far more resources that measures their monthly subscribers in the millions?

Ignoring, or just applying the same logic as with Lightroom plugins, for instance? Individuals can always do stuff that remains low priority for the big guys.

ButchM

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 12:15:47 pm »

Ignoring, or just applying the same logic as with Lightroom plugins, for instance? Individuals can always do stuff that remains low priority for the big guys.

You're probably right. So few Lightroom users employ keywords in their workflow and would very likely never use keywords in a mobile application environment to warrant the effort to include the capability. It was absurd for me to have considered such a possibility. I guess those developers whose apps I already have used to perform that task lacked the vision to have recognized the wasted effort to include the capability in their offerings. Sorry, my bad.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:41 pm »

You'd just find another excuse to whine.....

ButchM

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 01:53:24 pm »

You'd just find another excuse to whine.....

You'd find another empty reason to justify trivializing a valid viewpoint.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »

You'd find another empty reason to justify trivializing a valid viewpoint.

One or more such reasons is probably close to the mark, whether you like it or not. The wider mobile threat to Adobe's business isn't from keywording apps, and LrM's development reflects that.

I propose a new Godwin's law for you. How many posts before "subscription revenues"... boring.

ButchM

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 03:40:47 pm »

... boring.

No one is forcing you to read my comments. If you are suffering from boredom, the result is self inflicted.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up