Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Icon Not Showing at 16-Bits  (Read 1838 times)

JoeKitchen

Image Icon Not Showing at 16-Bits
« on: April 17, 2017, 07:06:48 am »

All of a sudden, when I process an image as a 16-bit tiff in C1 v10, the image icon is not showing in my Finder window.  It will also not show in Mac Preview; just opens as a white image. 

This happened in the last two days and I have no idea why.

If I open the image in PS, make a small edit and save, the icon suddenly shows up. 

Anyone know what this could be happening? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Image Icon Not Showing at 16-Bits
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:21:06 am »

All of a sudden, when I process an image as a 16-bit tiff in C1 v10, the image icon is not showing in my Finder window.  It will also not show in Mac Preview; just opens as a white image. 

If I open the image in PS, make a small edit and save, the icon suddenly shows up. 

Hi Joe,

Depends on the settings used when saving, but it probably has to do with an Alpha layer or transparency added to the file.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Remko

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »

Joe,

I had the same issue and opened a support case. I do not know which version of MacOS you are. I will copy in the answer I got from Support - which solved the issue:

"If you are experiencing blank thumbnails when processing 16bit TIF's then what you have is a very specific Mac OS 10.11.6 bug which did not exist in Mac OS 10.11.5 and any previous Mac OS or in Mac OS 10.12.
The workaround solution is to change the options in Capture One. When you have selected Tiff as your process recipe format an options field appears below the format field. Click on it and select a Tile dimension of 128."

Hope it will work for you as well!

cheers,
Remko

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:48:40 am »

Thanks, I'll have to give both of these a try. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

jemsurvey

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 06:07:41 am »

I am having a similar problem and I am on MacOS 10.12.4.  I first noticed it when trying to open an exported 16-bit tif (converted from Fuji RAF file) in Macphun Tonality CK.  I would get an error message and the tif would also not open in Preview App but I do get a thumbnail in Finder.  Playing around I found I could open 8-bit tif files.  So I tried the workaround setting a tile dimension with several files and it worked on all but 1 file so far.  So I still have a file I am unable to open in Preview or Tonality, and it may no open others going forward, don't know.

My question is what exactly is the Tile Dimension and how does it affect the tif file?  I have been unable to get any info on this.

Thanks
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up