Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Adapter for the Sony A7RII for Nikon Glass  (Read 2372 times)

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
Best Adapter for the Sony A7RII for Nikon Glass
« on: April 16, 2017, 07:48:43 am »

Can anyone recommend a really solid adapter for the Sony A7RII for Nikon Glass? A "dumb" adapter is fine. In addition, is there a good one that has a  tripod foot? Thanks.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

degrub

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
Re: Best Adapter for the Sony A7RII for Nikon Glass
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:28:19 am »

http://briansmith.com/sony-a7-a7r-lens-mount-adapters/

Thanks, but it shows many adapters but not saying which are the very best. Which are the strongest and best?
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

degrub

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:06:42 am »

i have had no issues with any  of my Novoflex adapters for m4/3 bodies.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »

I use the Novoflex, no issue as long as it isn't one of the new Nikon E (electronic aperture) lenses you are adapting.  Currently there are no reliable adapters for the E-type lenses.  But for G and earlier lenses, in other words lenses that have the mechanical stop-down tab in the lens mount, the Novoflex is great.  it adjusts aperture by physically moving the stop-down tab on the lens.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:42:31 pm by E.J. Peiker »

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:14:47 am »

I use a Metabones dumb adapter to connect my few remaining Nikon lenses to my Fuji X T-2. It has an Arca foot, which depending on the lens, can be used on my Acratech head. I'm down to the three PC-E's and an ancient MF Micro-Nikkor. Roger at Lensrentals seems to have a dim view of all adapters since tolerances can vary. Some seem flimsy but I've felt pretty good about the Metabones. I'm sure the noble name of Novoflex is a guarantee of quality though there is the word "flex" in the name :-). As EJ Peiker notes, there is currently no available adapter that will allow use of any of Nikon's E lenses on any mirrorless camera. I set my Nikon PC-E's aperture with a Nikon camera by mounting it, setting the f/stop, and unmounting it while holding the depth of field button so it stays at the set aperture. This is far from ideal but the EVF on the Fuji (and Sony) is bright. Focusing is a bit tricky at times but it works. Hope this is helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up