Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC2015.10 / 6.10 Released  (Read 6165 times)

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

francois

Re: Lightroom CC2015.10 / 6.10 Released
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:17:41 am »

Downloaded and running fine. Thanks!
Francois

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:54:34 am »

Any comments from others?
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

adias

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:50:42 pm »

Any comments from others?

This is a bug fixer, by all means get it!

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:47:56 pm »

As it happens just a couple of days ago I was doing some long sessions in Lr CC and it crashed a couple of times on me.  I updated today and no issues whatsoever (knock on wood) yet.
Regards,
Ron

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 10:49:18 pm »

I'm getting an update my Camera Raw needs to be update. Problem is, it was! Now I get the "Render in Lightroom" or Open anyway each time I go into Photoshop

Anyone else getting this since updating?

Onslow

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 11:32:51 pm »

I'm getting an update my Camera Raw needs to be update. Problem is, it was! Now I get the "Render in Lightroom" or Open anyway each time I go into Photoshop

Anyone else getting this since updating?
Yes, I too am getting this and this is after a full re-install of OS and CC. Win10 x64
Cheers

Onslow

dasuess

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 11:39:22 pm »

I did as well. Once I double checked that I had ACR 9.10, I just click the ignore box on the message and all is well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simon Garrett

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 06:01:08 am »

The ACR mismatch message is due to a bug that has been reported (and acknowledged) on the Adobe blog, and apparently will be fixed reasonably soon.  One can click "Open Anyway".

Edit to add:

See https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-edit-in-photoshop-warning-message-since-update?rfm=1&topic_submit=true
and https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2302123
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:19:28 am by Simon Garrett »

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 02:57:54 pm »

Cheers! No harm, no foul. I'm sure the patch will come soon.

mbaginy

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 10:39:31 am »

It seems optimizing my catalog was quicker than in former versions.  I clicked the button and went to prepare a cup of tea, even before I returned from the kitchen, optimizing had finished.  Great!

Hopefully the black side panels no longer show up.  They hadn't appeared for a while, but suddenly returned (daily!) with the last LR CC version.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Creating thumbnails of my X-T1 files seems to take longer than of X100T files - no problem, just an observation.  I just returned from Italy and imported files from both cameras, noticing the difference.  But maybe I'm still tired from the long drive.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »

Finally got the update to work. Downloading it and running it directly resulted in "Failed update" and "Cannot open this application"!

I had to uninstall LR, reinstall 6.0 from Adobe then run the Update from there. Seems bassackwards, but, then again, Adobe doesn't really seem interested in supporting we "standaloners".
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »

Finally got the update to work. Downloading it and running it directly resulted in "Failed update" and "Cannot open this application"!

I had to uninstall LR, reinstall 6.0 from Adobe then run the Update from there. Seems bassackwards, but, then again, Adobe doesn't really seem interested in supporting we "standaloners".

I've had to do this with EVERY UPDATE. It baffles me that this happens, but every time I run the standalone updater I get this:

Lightroom CC (2015.10) / 6.10
Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

And then have to re-run the 6.0 installer followed by the standalone updater. It baffles me that their installer can't patch their app. I contacted their support over Twitter and they act surprised, but given I've hit it 9 or 10 times I can't believe they're not even pulling analytics on their failures. I do believe they don't test or QA the standalone apps very well, in particular the installers. But I don't want the whole CC stain ware on my machine.

ButchM

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »

I do believe they don't test or QA the standalone apps very well, in particular the installers.

Many of these issues don't seem to be isolated to just the perpetual license versions. Judging by the actual results of issues faced by users across the board for the past several updates, Adobe either doesn't care or are incapable of recognizing many easily discoverable bugs prior to the release of these updates. DIdn't at least one of the in-house or inner circle beta testers experience the ACR mismatch before it was released?

The level of QC in these update releases over the past year or more actually defy the 'bug fix' label when they end result is they introduce nearly an equal number of new bugs for every old bug squashed. It really appears someone is asleep at the wheel lately.

jrp

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 06:42:48 pm »

The last releases have mainly been the odd bug fix and some additional profiles (a good thing). 

I'm not sure whether they have improved the performance, much.

So either they are moving this product to end of life, care and maintenance only, no significant new features added.  Or they are devoting their resources to other products or some whizzy new product, presumably aimed at onboarding neophytes.

adias

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 01:08:38 am »

The last releases have mainly been the odd bug fix and some additional profiles (a good thing). 

I'm not sure whether they have improved the performance, much.

So either they are moving this product to end of life, care and maintenance only, no significant new features added.  Or they are devoting their resources to other products or some whizzy new product, presumably aimed at onboarding neophytes.

I guess we need to ask Jeff Schewe what he thinks. :)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 03:24:38 am »

I think there's still plenty that Adobe could and should add to Lightroom.
It's odd that there must be an army of LR perpetual users that are happy to pay for upgrades, but that market isn't being tapped. It's not as if there's anything so compelling in LR CC that would encourage non-subscribers to buy into the sub model.

It must have been disheartening to have spent some considerable time and effort adding GPU acceleration to no effect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up