Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR ajdustments on Iphone raw images  (Read 1750 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
LR ajdustments on Iphone raw images
« on: April 10, 2017, 10:27:12 pm »

Now that we can get access to raw images taken with the iphone, I have been Tweaking these and have some observations.  I t seems that it takes more aggressive movements with the some of the sliders on Iphone images than with similar adjustments on images taken with my DSLR.

The Dehaze, Curves, and clarity sliders behave similarly but the Highlights,shadows,blacks and white sliders need much more dramatic moves to get desired changes compared to the images taken with my DSLR.

Frankly, the jpeg image output from the native Iphone software, or the results from the Procamera App both look excellent with no work needed at all, and tweaking the raw images to match these results require a lot of work and do not always get there.  It makes  me wonder if I should bother dealing with raw images at all.  This question applies to images taken with the Iphone and not my DSLR.

Can others confirm my observations or offer a different opinion.

MDIJB

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Re: LR ajdustments on Iphone raw images
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:50:53 pm »

In addition, I find that adjusting any slider in the Detail panel, like sharpening, requires very large movements to see the effect, compared to an image taken with a DSLR.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up