Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weirdest thing Bridge shows previews only at 30%  (Read 2069 times)

kevs

Weirdest thing Bridge shows previews only at 30%
« on: April 09, 2017, 05:50:25 pm »

Still have not solved this after posting once, and updating to new Bridge  2017. Also full screen preview does not solve issue, just shows same small preview with Black background.

Bridge shows previews at 30% of size, very small very frustrating. Bridge 2017

two attachment one in Bridge other in Fast Raw Viewer

(I can't see to get that 2nd attachment into the post, Luminous says allow more than one attachment but only put 1/2 that I attached.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

kevs

Re: Weirdest thing Bridge shows previews only at 30%
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 06:28:01 pm »

So this is normal and the way it is.

Their preview window does not show the image at a normal 100% view. It seem to come in small at about 30-40%

TonyW

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 06:35:27 pm »

Not much of a Bridge user so just a suggestion. 

Check your Preferences for Thumbnails you may have them set to not process files larger than 'x', so you may need to increase size.  I think there is also an option to build 100% previews that you may want to look at

kevs

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:55:58 pm »

Thanks Tony, appreciate you trying to help.

I did find that thing about showing thubs at 100%, don't know where it is.

BTW , Tiffs look fine, fill the screen, but jpegs, that are 1000 pixels height for example just look way small in preview window.

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:35:03 pm »

I did find that thing about showing thubs at 100%, don't know where it is.

You can find that at the top right (there are a couple of squares and one them is "options for thumbnail quality and preview generation" where you can choose to "Generate 100% Previews."  I am basing this on my 2014 version, but can't see how it could have changed so much (then again it's Adobe, they like to take away the most useful and replace with some new fancy stuff that nobody asked for.) 

Regarding the attachments, try down-scaling to really small files even though the limit is 4MB per file.  Mine would not upload initially.  I cut them to less than 100KB and they went thru easily. 

kevs

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 08:32:47 pm »

Thanks Niran, I stand corrected. In fact these jpegs are at 100%, as I compared with PS. What is weird then is when you open in Mac's Preview they are 200% which is what I've been used to. 2 questions:

1) Why can't I chose to see previews in Bridge at 200%??

2) Wow, color on this test/ image in PS was so much better than Bridge, why is this? Horrendous in Bridge in comparison to PS color.

nirpat89

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 09:15:55 pm »

Have you synced the color settings on the two - Bridge and Photoshop?  In Bridge, check Edit > Color Settings.  The window should say Synchronized.  If not, you have to choose the right color settings and click Apply which will make the PS color settings the same.  That could be one possible source of the mismatch.

kevs

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:29:56 pm »

Thanks Nir, yes, never looked before, but it does it's synced to N. American Prepress 2. Yet Bridge look is much different.

Also, no way to ask Brigde Preview to go larger? (as one can do in Mac Preview or PS)

nirpat89

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 07:09:48 am »

Also, no way to ask Brigde Preview to go larger? (as one can do in Mac Preview or PS)

You can ask, but the question is whether it will answer?  :)

The way I understand (but I could be wrong) is that the preview size is scaled to fit the window available or the 100% - whichever is the smallest.  Now that is a problem when using super-dense monitors.  Is yours the 5K display?  If so, with Retina pixel density of 218 per inch, your 1000 pixel image will be less than 5" on the monitor - at 100% view.  Bridge will not make it bigger than that even if you have a bigger preview window, nor will it on Full Screen View.  If you want to see details you have to use the loop or the magnifier in the Preview window.  This is similar to when high res screens first came out, all PC Desktop icons became really small in Windows which you could not make any bigger, until a newer version of Windows came out with that capability.

The way you can check this hypothesis is by making a copy of your jpg file and going into PS to double the no of pixels on the side without changing the physical size of the image using resample.  Then open it again in Bridge Preview.  The size should now be double what it was before.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:11:13 pm by nirpat89 »

kevs

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 03:04:04 pm »

thanks Nir, I do own new 5000k retina. Oh well, the just look so puny on it, normal jpegs at 100%. Pity Bride preview does not have a 200% option
Pages: [1]   Go Up