Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Sekonic L-858

(1/3) > >>

nemophoto:
Has anyone bought/used this meter yet? I often use either an Elinchrom 400ELB with an HS head (long flash duration) or a Phottix Indra 500 with HSS for fill in bright sunlight. The weakness with the Elinchrom has been that it sometimes takes a LOT of chimping to hone in on the exposure. The TTL with the Indra isn't bad, but recycle times can be slow when using higher shutter speeds. The ability to meter high speed flash is something I've wanted for years, but at $600, I'm a little reticent to go out and buy one without first trying it out.

Rado:
I have it. It seems to meter my Godox strobes in HSS properly but I don't believe it can meter long tail sync strobes (like the Elinchroms). Really the last piece of puzzle to make this system super awesome is a radio control module for the Godox protocol.

nemophoto:
I received an email from tech support at MAC (marketing group for Sekonic). They said the meter works for Hi-Sync and Hypersync modes as well as HSS. Nice to know. Guess this meter will be in my future not far down the road.

Rado:
All my lights are HSS so I can only report on that but if you manage to test long tail sync lights keep us updated. I haven't seen anyone post about that yet, but the meter is very new.

nemophoto:
Will do. I'll probably get the meter since I've been begging for something like this for awhile. Unfortunately the radio for the Phottix/Elinchrom and Pocket Wizards are separate items that cost about $120 each. Oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version