Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9800 'ink bleed' - any suggestions?  (Read 488 times)

NeilPrintArt

• www.printartct.co.za
9800 'ink bleed' - any suggestions?
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:26:31 am »

Hello, I recently replaced the capping station on my faithful 9800 running 3rd party inks. Figured I might as well do the dampers at the same time. Shortly thereafter I started having problems with the yellow channel not printing yellow? Somehow another colour (I suspect cyan) is bleeding into the yellow channel. If I look at a nozzle check, both the yellow and LLK channels are clearly contaminated with another colour. I thought maybe I hadn't seated the dampers 100% correct, so I pulled the damper assembly off and the yellow damper was contaminated with another colour. Flushed it out, put it all back together, ran a power clean and then got a 100% nozzle check.

But the next morning the same problem, somehow another colour is leaking into the yellow channel and LLK channels.
If I do enough cleans, it will clear up and I get a good nozzle check, but overnight the problem reoccurs.

My question is, is it possible that the dampers are faulty and somehow ink is moving backwards from the head into the dampers? Or is the head damaged and ink is moving around inside the head between channels?

Any suggestions welcome !

Neil Williamson
Print Art Cape Town
www.printartct.co.za
Pages: [1]   Go Up