Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What bag do you use to carry your system?  (Read 6982 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: What bag do you use to carry your system?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 12:52:32 pm »

Two days into the discussion and nobody has mentioned f-stop yet  ;D

Actually f-stop was mentioned in the 4th reply  by Dave Chew.

The challenge with f-stop is getting the bags.  Last time I ordered one it took them 4 months.  Their challenges with inventory are well known.  Not sure if things have improved or not.

jamgolf

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 02:02:23 pm »

The challenge with f-stop is getting the bags.  Last time I ordered one it took them 4 months.  Their challenges with inventory are well known.  Not sure if things have improved or not.

No improvements on this front. It's still taking months to fill orders. Folks in customer service are polite and sincere, but they usually are not able to provide any concrete time frame of order fulfillment. Their response is "orders will start shipping in early spring" - whatever that means. Also, the website may indicate an item to be in stock, then a few weeks later customer service will inform you that the website is actually incorrect. Hopefully, their bags really are worth the wait.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:54:46 am by jamgolf »
IQ3 100 • Cambo 1600 • Rodenstock 32,50,90 • Zeiss 350SA
[URL=http://"http:

JeffS

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 11:04:26 pm »

Actually f-stop was mentioned in the 4th reply  by Dave Chew.

And even the post before that, from Tony.   

Jeff

JJon

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 02:39:40 am »

F-stop is shady and I believe a lot of people have left the company. I got burned on their kickstarter and they told me they would make it right. They never have. Read the comments on this Petapixel Or Resource articles to get a sense of what is going on.

http://resourcemagonline.com/2016/08/an-inside-look-at-f-stop-a-bag-company-falling-apart-at-the-seams/68877/

https://petapixel.com/2016/08/08/f-stop-gear-pulls-plug-kitsentry-wont-refund-backers/

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:33 am »

I've always had good results with F-stop and have three of their bags. I just got their smaller Gura UL type, as I was finding I just loaded the larger bags with too much stuff. All sorts of other bags have been tried, and nothing seems as good. They are made for hiking and walking, not for looking like photo packs.

The best of the bunch was the Fstop loka, from about 4 years ago; a Lotus was added, lighter in weight, but not quite as nice as the earlier one. But the lightness is nice, and that's the bag largely used. The Gura UL was for carrying just a camera and a lens or two, for the day hike. Its a bit cumbersome getting in and out, but the overall detailing and quality is there. Something about F-stop bags is just well thought through.   
Geoff

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 10:49:41 am »

I can only speak good about fstop. Amazing backpacks. Some of the best out there.

I have three bags and I'm really happy. Love the ICU system. 

What is correct is that delivery can be a annoying.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

algrove

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:00:52 am »

RE f-stop, I ordered the Ajna (the Loka replacement) in December 2016 and I was informed just the other day that it is due to be shipped early May. That is a long time to hold someones money. Thinking inventory, it seems they utilize funds from orders to pay for inventory production. This makes me wonder if they have any funds at all other than mine.

hubell

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 09:31:29 am »

I ordered the Guru UL on Monday. It shipped out the same day.

hubell

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »

I just received the Guru UL and the Medium Slope ICU that I ordered last week. The basic quality of the components is excellent, as has been my experience with F Stop gear. However, there is one thing about the system that I really don't like, and that is that the opening into the back of the backpack after you unzip it is somewhat smaller than the ICU. The backpack opening overlaps part of the ICU, which makes it somewhat difficult to get lenses into and out of the compartments on the sides of the ICU. I found the same thing with the Tilopa, but not as severe.
Why isn't anything ever perfect!

algrove

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 10:42:17 am »

What is the largest ICU one can fit into that Guru XL?

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2017, 11:37:49 am »

Based on their ordering page, the medium slope or the small pro are the largest that will fit.

Dave

hubell

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2017, 12:44:56 pm »

The Medium Slope, which is the one I have inserted, is taller than the Small Pro by 3 inches. The width is the same. 11 inches.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:59:13 pm by hubell »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up