Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early Spring shoot in Hockley Valley & Caledon in Ontario, Canada  (Read 1252 times)

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs

I am researching shoot locations in Hockley Valley & Caledon areas of Southern Ontario in the EARLY Spring season; late April & early May. My goal is to shoot the magnificent variety of greens in forests and creek shores as the trees start producing their leaves. To make this work I need to locate places where I can hike in early morning/evening or spend most of the day on location. I am imaging the side of creeks, hillsides that look into a forest, treed areas at the back of a clearing etc. I find that where may be really nice to hike is not necessarily a photogenic or suitable spot to shoot from. I hike the Bruce Trail in Niagara region regularly. So recommendations in Hockley & Caledon areas for my objectives will be much appreciated.
Thank you for your replies in advance
Vartkes

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Early Spring shoot in Hockley Valley & Caledon in Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 05:20:23 pm »

Hockley Valley Nature Reserve - beautiful! And it's along the BT as shown in the attached map.

Also Mono Cliffs further north and Forks of the Credit further south. These places and others are
not a secret and are easy to find through the BTC (Brucetrail.org). Get the Bruce Trail iPad App. Better yet, become a member and/or purchase the guidebook.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:09:32 pm »

Thank you Terry. Yes I am a member of Bruce tail. However i have not visited the Nature Reserve. It will be on my agenda.
Thanks
Vartkes

VincentR

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 11:30:20 am »

Oh man, you're in for a sweet hike! :)

There's the Forks of the Credit Park a must if you haven't been there yet. I like coming in from this entrance: 43.824918, -80.004058 (Google Maps)

There's a nice fork off the Bruce Trail here. Railroad bridge worth snapping as well as the extreme curvature of the road. Google maps: 43.801945, -79.997477

Mono Cliff's is also a must-see, but you'll might be spending the whole day there.

Terra Cotta Conservation Area: the color of the clay (red) is worth seeing/shooting,

Then Belfountain... not sure. It's typically crowded and became quite filthy with garbage.

There's literally hundreds of water creeks around, not shabby for water shooting either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up