Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: StarStaX changing colors?  (Read 1759 times)

madlantern

StarStaX changing colors?
« on: March 30, 2017, 04:58:40 am »

I've been using a software called StarStaX to make startrail images. http://www.markus-enzweiler.de/software/software.html

However, I've been having trouble with the color of the images after it goes through StarStaX. The seems to mess with the colorspace in the images. I tried feeding it ProPhoto RGB vs Adobe RGB. The stacked Adobe RGB results are closer to the original images, but still appears more purple.

To make things easier, I only stacked two images in StarStaX to make things simpler. I just wanted to show the color difference when you run images through that program.

Is there any way I can correct this?

ProPhoto RGB vs stacked result

Adobe RGB vs stacked result

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: StarStaX changing colors?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:21:02 am »

I've been using a software called StarStaX to make startrail images. http://www.markus-enzweiler.de/software/software.html

However, I've been having trouble with the color of the images after it goes through StarStaX. The seems to mess with the colorspace in the images. I tried feeding it ProPhoto RGB vs Adobe RGB. The stacked Adobe RGB results are closer to the original images, but still appears more purple.

Hi,

This suggests that Color management may have something to do with it. Does the output file have an embedded profile, and is it correct?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

madlantern

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:25:03 am »

Hi,

This suggests that Color management may have something to do with it. Does the output file have an embedded profile, and is it correct?

Cheers,
Bart

There doesn't appear to be....

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:39:34 am »

There doesn't appear to be....

Maybe you can try and assign the same profile to the output image as the input images had. Photoshop or similar image editors can "Assign" a colorspace to an image file, regardless whether it is already tagged with one or not.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

madlantern

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:42:18 am »

Maybe you can try and assign the same profile to the output image as the input images had. Photoshop or similar image editors can "Assign" a colorspace to an image file, regardless whether it is already tagged with one or not.

Cheers,
Bart

That's for the suggestion. This is much closer, but still somewhat different. Left is original TIFF. Right is stacked from StarStaX

Pages: [1]   Go Up