Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't download  (Read 4584 times)

macgyver

Won't download
« on: August 04, 2006, 01:08:11 am »

I just got my computer back from getting fixed, I'm trying to redownload Lightroom.  Using safari on OS X it will download then just sit there and not open.  Any ideas?

francois

Won't download
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 02:49:23 am »

I just got my computer back from getting fixed, I'm trying to redownload Lightroom.  Using safari on OS X it will download then just sit there and not open.  Any ideas?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72536\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Is the Lightroom file/archive ( lightroom_b3_standalone_06-12.dmg ) on your desktop? If it is, then you may have disabled preferences in Safari to "open" safe files automatically. In this case, just double click the archive file.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:09:18 am by francois »
Francois

macgyver

Won't download
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:57:51 am »

francois,

The file dowloads to my desktop, and downloads to the stage where it asks if I want to open it.  The the download appears to stop and just sit there and not finish or someting.

If I unclick the 'open safe' box then it will download all the way (or appear to anyway) and then not do anything when I double click it.  No archive or anything.

francois

Won't download
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 08:52:06 am »

francois,

The file dowloads to my desktop, and downloads to the stage where it asks if I want to open it.  The the download appears to stop and just sit there and not finish or someting.

If I unclick the 'open safe' box then it will download all the way (or appear to anyway) and then not do anything when I double click it.  No archive or anything.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72574\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I guess the file was never downloaded completely and the archive can't be mounted.
Things that you can try:
- Empty Safari cache (Apple menu>Empty cache...)
- When Safari is downloading the file, copy the address (from the download window) and then try to paste this address in another web browser like FireFox. As an alternate method, you can use the terminal to download the file.
- Last thing: create a new account on your Mac, log-in with this account and try to downlad Lightroom.

By the way, what's the size and name of the downloaded file?

Update:  It's likely that the download never finished and therefore the image file cannot be mounted. Lightroom comes in two versions, the small standalonoe version and the larger with some media samples. If you are accessible the internet via a broadband you could try to download the other version and see what happens.
Keep me posted and good luck!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 08:01:16 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up