Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You are still in charge of your photography…  (Read 1121 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
You are still in charge of your photography…
« on: March 26, 2017, 09:30:49 am »

Hi,

You are still in charge of your photography. Here are some images shot within a radius of 100 meters:

I would say that even now, when shooting great images is easy, we can have plenty of variations to allow for an individual style.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
Re: You are still in charge of your photography…
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:47:03 am »

Some beautiful images, Erik.

Most people don't live within 100 metres of anything quite so photogenic. However, the notion still applies wherever you are. In fact, I set the members of my local photography club "the 100-Metre Challenge" last fall – 6 pictures taken within their home, or within 100 metres of their property. A number struggled with it, but there were some terrific images as well.

Our club also does "field trips" to local destinations. It's amazing how a group of people can visit the same place and come away with such a wide variety of images and interpretations.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: You are still in charge of your photography…
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 10:08:06 am »

Hi JNB,

Those images were shot within 100 m of a point, the old lighthouse at Femöre. It is not where I live, but 15 minutes by car and than 15 minutes on foot from where I live.

My point is that even with cameras shooting perfectly good pictures we have a great amount of choices, selecting things like:
crop, field of view, perspective, focal length, time of day.

Also, I can think we can have personal traits.

BTW, Femöre, where these shots were made is an interesting place. It has an old lighthouse. The house is where the keeper of the lighthouse lived. We had some of these pictures at an exhibition. An elderly couple came along and had a long look at those pictures. When I mentioned that those pictures were mine, the husband told me that his wife has written a book called 'The lighthouse keeper's daughter'. She lived at that place a part of her life.

At the same time, the place was a coastal artillery placement to protect an important Swedish harbour near by. It is full of fortification. Most of that is underground, a fortification built to protect a crew of around 300 soldiers for a prolonged period. Now, it is a museum.

Best regards
Erik

Some beautiful images, Erik.

Most people don't live within 100 metres of anything quite so photogenic. However, the notion still applies wherever you are. In fact, I set the members of my local photography club "the 100-Metre Challenge" last fall – 6 pictures taken within their home, or within 100 metres of their property. A number struggled with it, but there were some terrific images as well.

Our club also does "field trips" to local destinations. It's amazing how a group of people can visit the same place and come away with such a wide variety of images and interpretations.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up