Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with second monitor....  (Read 2867 times)

Dinarius

Problem with second monitor....
« on: August 03, 2006, 09:41:28 am »

I am running a DELL PC.

I have just connected a second LaCie CRT monitor to the HD.

When I switched on the PC both monitors powered up and the same bootup procedure was visible on both (the DELL logo followed by the Windows logo etc.....).

However, just before the end of bootup, the LaCie went into Power Save mode and the LED on the On/Off switch turned from green to yellow.

In control panels/Display/Settings, I can see '1' and '2'.

Also, if I choose the LaCie (Monitor '2') and click the box marked 'Extend my Windows desktop to this monitor.', then it boots up but with the screen blank (bright grey) and the  grey image not filling the screen (the wrong ratio).

How can I get it to display what I'm seeing on the other monitor? And how can I switch between them? By switching off the one I don't want?

No doubt this is something very simple, but what!?

Many thanks.

D.

Dinarius

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:03:33 am »

Just booted up and chose my wife's User profile during bootup.

I then went Control Panel/Display/Settings and chose 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor.' The LaCie started up immediately!

I then went Start/Switch User and returned to my own profile and the LaCie went grey again!

Arrrrgggghhhh!

What could be set in my User Profile that causes it to not display?

Thanks.

D.

Serge Cashman

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 01:25:00 pm »

Go into the Advanced properties and play with settings over there (under the tab with the name of your videocard). Nvidia would have something called  "nView Display Settings" or similar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up