Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iceland 2017 is under way  (Read 1315 times)

David Watson

• David Watson
Iceland 2017 is under way
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:43:42 am »

Bon voyage

Iceland is great at any time of year but particularly interesting in the Winter for those who know it from trips in the Summer.  I have been there times in the Summer and once in the Winter usually with Daniel.  He is a great and funny guy and easily the best person I have ever had as a tour leader.  the combination of skills, knowledge and an ironic sense of humour are unbeatable.

I would be most interested to hear how Kevin gets on with his Sony kit in these conditions.  Last year we experienced temperatures of -12 to -20C without the wind chill and that made gloves absolutely essential when out taking photographs.  I have average sized fingers and thinnish leather gloves but I found the small buttons and the fiddly controls on the A7R2 frustratingly difficult to use under these conditions.  Not a patch on my D810 or other cameras I have used in the past.

I look forward to Kevin's comments on his return.
David Watson ARPS

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Iceland 2017 is under way
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:49:55 pm »

David, no issues with the Sony.  Won't disagree about the button.  I use silk glove liners and they work fine while keeping my hands warm.  I just posted the images from day one and day two at kevinraber.com.  Lots of long exposures.  As well know the batteries get exhausted fast.  Hope that improves with future versions.  Otherwise no regrets.  The new G-Master lens are incredible.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Jeff

Re: Iceland 2017 is under way
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:18 pm »

As well know the batteries get exhausted fast.  Hope that improves with future versions.

That would be good but only if  they are compatible with current cameras and not just  future models
Pages: [1]   Go Up