Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New blog article on shooting with the GFX-50S in New Orleans  (Read 1490 times)

peterm10

New blog article on shooting with the GFX-50S in New Orleans
« on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:04 am »

Hi everyone,

I just posted a new blog article about using the GFX-50S on the streets of New Orleans.  Hope you find it helpful.  Happy to answer any questions you may have.

https://www.mendelsonfineartphotography.com/blog/new-orleans-with-the-fujifilm-gfx-50s-camera

Thanks,

Peter

fotagf8

Re: New blog article on shooting with the GFX-50S in New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:48:54 pm »

Thanks for the review.  I enjoyed the photographs and your website, particularly what I assume is your house.  I will keep your comment about shadows/highlights in mind.  My camera arrived two weeks ago.  The first lens arrives tomorrow, so I will be able to determine for myself this weekend, but based on your photographs (I assume many were handheld), it looks like the camera is a winner.

cyron123

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:42:35 pm »

Hi Peter,
could you say something to your two lenses? How is the sharpness in comparison to the prime to the zoom? And the Autofocus? Is the zoom faster in AF?
What do you think in background blur  (bokeh) of the zoom?

Thank you.

peterm10

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:29 pm »

Thanks.  Regarding the lenses, I barely used the 63mm prime.  The zoom is so good that it stayed on the camera 95% of the time.  I did use the prime a bit at dusk, but I did not notice any radical differences in AF speed or sharpness at all.  The prime can exhibit more bokeh when shot wide open as expected, but most of my photography is shot stopped down with more depth of field.  Of course the prime is nice when you want to walk around with a smaller package.  I cannot wait for the 23mm - I am mainly a wide angle shooter.

Thanks,

Peter

fotagf8

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 10:38:47 pm »

You anticipated my lens selection.  I skipped the 63mm prime and went for the zoom and the 120mm.  Not the perfect set up yet, but I will wait for more lenses to come out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up