Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image color plotting software  (Read 837 times)

howardm

Image color plotting software
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:22 am »

I just found a 'new' piece of software (both Mac & Win) that plots the colors of an image into a variety of spaces.

I know that Colorthink (?) or one of the other pro level apps does this but this one is only $4

Worth a peek at least.

the biggest flaw taht I see is that it doesn't map that to a profile so you can't see the gamut violations

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This app plots the colors in an image into the 3D color space!
A visualization of the RGB color space provides interesting insight about the color distribution of the picture.
You can chose several different color coordinates. You can generate histograms. Also can generate a list of color by color quantization of the entire color into a few prominent colors.

It supports following color coordinate:
RGB Cartesian coordinate
RGB rotated Cartesian coordinate
RGB Cylinder coordinate
HSV Cartesian coordinate
HSV Cylinder coordinate
HLS Cylinder coordinate
YCC Cartesian coordinate
L*a*b* Cartesian coordinate
CIE xyY
CIE XYZ Cartesian coordinate

https://www.iktsoft.net/tools-en/colorsp2/

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Image color plotting software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:33:03 am »

I just found a 'new' piece of software (both Mac & Win) that plots the colors of an image into a variety of spaces.

I know that Colorthink (?) or one of the other pro level apps does this but this one is only $4

Worth a peek at least.

the biggest flaw taht I see is that it doesn't map that to a profile so you can't see the gamut violations

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This app plots the colors in an image into the 3D color space!
A visualization of the RGB color space provides interesting insight about the color distribution of the picture.
You can chose several different color coordinates. You can generate histograms. Also can generate a list of color by color quantization of the entire color into a few prominent colors.

It supports following color coordinate:
RGB Cartesian coordinate
RGB rotated Cartesian coordinate
RGB Cylinder coordinate
HSV Cartesian coordinate
HSV Cylinder coordinate
HLS Cylinder coordinate
YCC Cartesian coordinate
L*a*b* Cartesian coordinate
CIE xyY
CIE XYZ Cartesian coordinate

https://www.iktsoft.net/tools-en/colorsp2/

Using a camera created JPEG with the assigned color space?  I ask because it can export RGB color tables which could create a custom target if there is at least some indication where the RGB values have their origin.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up