Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to change the preferences when viewing filters in C1  (Read 1837 times)

KurtVinion

how to change the preferences when viewing filters in C1
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:23:48 am »

Apologies if this has been asked but is there a way to change the viewing preferences when viewing adjustment profiles in C1? It is driving me crazy that the adjustment styles go across the images to the point of not being able to see how they render the images behind them.[/img]

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: how to change the preferences when viewing filters in C1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:53 am »

Apologies if this has been asked but is there a way to change the viewing preferences when viewing adjustment profiles in C1? It is driving me crazy that the adjustment styles go across the images to the point of not being able to see how they render the images behind them.

Hi,

It's not exactly clear to me what it is that you want to achieve. Could you rephrase the question, or give an example?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

KurtVinion

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:45:01 am »

Greetings Bart, apologies for the non clarity.  Please view the image that is attached. Hopefully there is a way around this besides running two monitors all of the time?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 11:42:52 am »

You can add the styles drop down to the toolbar (rather than menu system).
You can assign styles to keyboard shortcuts so you never have to touch the mouse/menu/dropdown (as taught in COMP)
You can use two monitors. The primary should be something great like an Eizo, but the second can be a cheap monitor just for thumbnail and tools and menu.
You can reorganize the styles into fewer subfolders.

By the way, shameless pitch for our DT Capture One Styles Pack which takes full advantage of Capture One 9/10 skin tone tools. As far as I'm aware they are the only style pack made that leverages those (glad to be corrected if anyone has an example of another).

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:55:25 am »

Greetings Bart, apologies for the non clarity.  Please view the image that is attached. Hopefully there is a way around this besides running two monitors all of the time?

Ah, so the issue is that (a significant) part of the workspace is obscured by the menus when selecting a style from a long list. I do not see how to avoid that (other than reducing the number of items in the list, or using a user style shortlist). Maybe use a keyboard shortcut if it's a limited number of styles you need to use.

Would making one or more clone variants be somewhat of a solution? That would allow having two (or more) versions of the same file next to each other, or toggle between them to compare. It's not as interactive as choosing from the menu with real-time refresh, I understand that. Using a secondary display may be more efficient.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:04:09 am »

Adding the styles tool to the toolbar (specifically in the upper right hand corner) works pretty well.

Just right click in the upper toolbar,select "customize toolbar" find the icon for "Styles", then drag it to the appropriate place.

Also, hiding the tools and/or browser will give you some more real estate as well.

This screenshot is from a 27" monitor, so it may not be of much help.

KurtVinion

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 08:25:49 am »

that looks like a great workaround - thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up