Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Artisan 64 bit support  (Read 4499 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Sony Artisan 64 bit support
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:08:11 pm »

Did anyone on this site attempt to bring up a Sony Artisan in XP 64 bit?

I have yet to try it, but was curious if anyone else did.  I can't find that Sony ever wrote a 64 bit driver set, and thus I don't know if the software will work in the compatiblity mode.

Thanks
Paul C.
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ray

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:08:05 am »

Did anyone on this site attempt to bring up a Sony Artisan in XP 64 bit?

I have yet to try it, but was curious if anyone else did.  I can't find that Sony ever wrote a 64 bit driver set, and thus I don't know if the software will work in the compatiblity mode.

Thanks
Paul C.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72432\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd bet my money that the Artisan does not support 64 bit. Some years ago, well a couple, I tried to buy an Artisan in Australia. I couldn't even get a direct response from Sony that they had discontinued all CRT monitors in Australia, after several phone calls. I learned the fact in the newspapers.

narikin

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:03:51 am »

I'd bet my money that the Artisan does not support 64 bit. Some years ago, well a couple, I tried to buy an Artisan in Australia. I couldn't even get a direct response from Sony that they had discontinued all CRT monitors in Australia, after several phone calls. I learned the fact in the newspapers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have x64 on my main machine, and an artisan on my old XPPro machine sitting right next to it, but I've never even bothered to try it, as there is no driver for the puck/sensor for x64. (just like Eye One didnt have an x64 driver till 5 months ago)

you may think: why not try it anyway? well the Artisan is so damn sensitive, as you probably know, that even unplugging the USB from its regular port seems to mess the whole thing up, so I'm leaving it where it is, being as I'm 99% sure it wont work.

I hope that someone smart will make drivers for Vista and the upcoming Intel Macs, even though its a dead product.

jhamrick@cstone.net

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 03:37:50 pm »

I have x64 on my main machine, and an artisan on my old XPPro machine sitting right next to it, but I've never even bothered to try it, as there is no driver for the puck/sensor for x64. (just like Eye One didnt have an x64 driver till 5 months ago)

you may think: why not try it anyway? well the Artisan is so damn sensitive, as you probably know, that even unplugging the USB from its regular port seems to mess the whole thing up, so I'm leaving it where it is, being as I'm 99% sure it wont work.

I hope that someone smart will make drivers for Vista and the upcoming Intel Macs, even though its a dead product.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72649\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using Xp Pro 64 bit with the Sony Artisan and calibrate it with a Greytag Macbeth i1.  It seems to work fine, i.e., I get good color management.  I tried in vain to get a 64 bit driver from Sony and I found them arrogant and difficult to get any information at all.  I, like the rest of you, paid a pretty penny for their (high end) monitor and expect better responsiveness.  I'll not buy Sony again!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 11:35:41 am »

Thanks for the reply,

Can you let me know how you have the monitor attached?  

Just the vga cable? or both the  vga cable and the USB cable that runs from the VGA cable?  

I have not tried it yet, however assumed that I would have to do something like you have done.  I was curious on a 64 bit machine if the USB cable from the VGA cable would be reconized or not.

Thanks
Paul C.
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

jhamrick@cstone.net

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 10:45:50 am »

Thanks for the reply,

Can you let me know how you have the monitor attached? 

Just the vga cable? or both the  vga cable and the USB cable that runs from the VGA cable? 

I have not tried it yet, however assumed that I would have to do something like you have done.  I was curious on a 64 bit machine if the USB cable from the VGA cable would be reconized or not.

Thanks
Paul C.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75470\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To: Paul C.  You just have to leave the USB cabel UNattached and then set up your monitor(s) with XP
Pages: [1]   Go Up