Mike and Rdonson,
I think your two recommendations differ from one another. Anyway, here is what I do in LR5:
1. In the LR Print Module......In Page Setup at lower left corner, choose printer, paper size and orientation.
2. In the right hand LR panel, set Layout (margins and cell size) and Print Job parameters, including Media type, Profile, resolution, etc.
3. In lower right hand corner, click Printer, NOT Print. The driver window opens.
4. In the driver window, select my printer and setting is Default settings, not a preset. Then click on Printer Settings and make appropriate choices (Pg Setup, media type, output res). Same with Advanced Media Controls (thickness and gap). That's it. You're done.
5. In the same driver window, select Print at the bottom right.
I went to this printing workflow a year ago after I started having the partial print problems on my 3800. It worked OK for a few months then it happened again on my new P800. Then I replaced the P800 under warranty because of paper jamming/ripping problems. Went on my merry way with the replacement printer. And now the partial printing rears its ugly head again. And I print through an ethernet cable, not WiFi.