Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lightroom interface very small on the screen  (Read 3057 times)

garjac

lightroom interface very small on the screen
« on: March 19, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »

Recently I bought a new Lenovo computer laptop and installed my lightroom on the new computer and the interface is super small on the screen where it renders light room useless.  Is there a fix for this?  I am using lightroom 4 which I know is not the most up todate version

CeeVee

Re: lightroom interface very small on the screen
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:46:59 pm »

Have you checked your screen resolution? Do any of your other applications exhibit the same window size as LR?

garjac

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:28:54 pm »

no other program or application does this, I increased the screen resolution to 300%, which help a little bit but not much

stamper

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:54:16 am »

Click on a corner of the program and try to drag it to fill the screen.

CeeVee

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 06:02:09 am »

If no other program window displays that way it's unique to your iteration/copy of Lightroom. Have you reset your preferences? I know Adobe has a key combination to use at program start to do this with Photoshop, should be something similar with LR.

mlewis

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 08:46:05 am »

Recently I bought a new Lenovo computer laptop and installed my lightroom on the new computer and the interface is super small on the screen where it renders light room useless.  Is there a fix for this?  I am using lightroom 4 which I know is not the most up todate version
LR 4 isn't high res screen aware like the recent versions which is why the interface is small for you.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 05:04:03 pm »

FWIW, I don't really regard LR 6/2015 as hi-res aware, either.

Maybe it's better for 4K+ screens, but on this 17" laptop that's been upgraded from a mid-HD (768?) panel to a Full-HD-1080 AdobeRGB panel, it isn't.  Both Photoshop AND LR2015 are both squint-worthy apps - making me almost needing my computer-glasses.  For LR, setting the interface font to medium is a bit too small, and setting to the next step up - Large 150 - it is WAY too ridiculously big.  I've gotten almost all other apps to be a 'viewable' size, but not LR & PS..  With PS being much worse.
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!
Pages: [1]   Go Up