Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tourist killed in Costa Rica photographing sunrise  (Read 1012 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Tourist killed in Costa Rica photographing sunrise
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:41:17 am »

Well, that's what happens when you photograph sunrises.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Otto Phocus

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 09:51:13 am »

That's terrible.  Photography lends itself to be a solitary activity, but that makes the photographer vulnerable.

I hope they catch the criminals who did this.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 09:58:10 am »

Seems like more power will slide inexorably towards Trump.

Life is sometimes so cheap. It makes one realise that reason is not as widespread a gift/responsibilty/fault as might commonly be believed. Where life's so quickly and easily taken away, so it should be meaasurd in the dealings with the killers: bang; 'bye, baby, you won't be back.

Redcrown

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:02:05 pm »

I went to Costa Rica in 2014 with wife and daughter. Brief research for the trip clearly described the dangers of road bandits, and the most dangerous areas. Limon was at the top of the list.

There was one news story, from 2007, where 3 armed bandits attacked a tour bus near Limon carrying US tourists from a Carnival cruise ship. The Americans were "senior citizens", and included a reunion group of US Marine Viet Nam vets. In short order, one bandit was dead with a broken neck and the other two had fled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up