Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Flash System to use with hasselblad H1  (Read 4357 times)

ericao

Best Flash System to use with hasselblad H1
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:04:23 am »

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience using a Flash system for the Hasselblad H1.  I do weddings, portratiure work, and various other things and I am looking for a professional flash system to purchase.  I shot film with the H1 currently but would like the option of later using a digital back.
I am confused between getting a Metz system flash (any suggestions as to which model?) or going with a Quantum T5.  I currently use a Quantum T2 with my Hassy V series camera and have always been pleased.  Do any of you have any experience using the H1 with a flash system?  Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

SeanBK

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:12:57 am »

For my H1, I use 2-Metz 70MZ5 on light stands & 54-MZ3 on shoe mount. I did a lot of work for magazine in '05, but in '06 I have done a lot with Nikon D2X. My 70MZ5s & 54-MZ3 did work very well together. If I were to buy a new system, than I would certainly look in to new Quantum. Either one you can't go wrong with it.

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:20:10 pm »

Quantum do a dedicated wireless TTL system for the H1 that works amazingly well. I reccomend the Qpax system that gives up to 400Ws of dedicated TTL at up to 100m.

If you need more oomph then I suggest a Broncolor Mobil system. 1200ws and when coupled with a radio slave gives a great deal of flash for your money (about £1800 ish).

I also use a Metz MZ4 with my H1/P25 attached via the dedicated coiled TTL cable for hand held event photography. I hope this helps (about £400 ish).

Damien.
Pages: [1]   Go Up