Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 2015.9  (Read 12230 times)

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
Lightroom 2015.9
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »

Hi all,

Adobe just released Lightroom 2015.9. Only new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes... no new features:

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

Regards,

David

rdonson

Re: Lightroom 2015.9
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 01:27:52 pm »

Some good bug fixes for me.  Not available yet on my machines with Lr CC.
Regards,
Ron

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 01:32:14 pm »

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the obscure [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can access the update via Help>Updates…

Refer to this for any installation issues: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:58:03 pm »

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the obscure [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can access the update via Help>Updates…

Refer to this for any installation issues: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015

One shouldn't need obscure anything for something as elementary as an up-date path, which should be time-worn routine by now. Just another reminder from Adobe that for those who don't need the labour-pains of early adoption, it's best to wait several months for the bugs to be identified and corrected.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

adias

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 02:06:06 pm »

There's no obscuring. On CC simply go to the tools icon (gear at top right) and click Check for App Updates. On the perpetual license there's an Update command under one of the menus.

The no-showing updates on CC is probably due to a user choice to not auto-update the CC manager.

I updated to the new version and it works well.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:12:35 pm »

There's no obscuring. ............

Sorry - it was Mr. Flohr, an Adobe rep, who introduced that expression, so I was just taking-up where he left off. Glad to hear it is working well for you. Once there is an accumulation of such positive reports it will be safe enough to do the update.

adias

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »

... Once there is an accumulation of such positive reports it will be safe enough to do the update.

I am not that paranoid. My experience with Adobe, and in particular Lr/ACR's core development team, is that should a major bug materialize they are quick to take action or provide access to re-install the previous version. This dot version is worth it just for its fixed curves control.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »

Just updated to 2015.9 and the tone curve problem still exist with Sierra. It has been a problem since September of 2016 when Sierra was first released. I wonder what Adobe would say if those of us with this CC Lightroom problem were to ask for a partial refund? Yep, we all know exactly what Adobe would say.

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 02:38:57 pm »

Sorry - it was Mr. Flohr, an Adobe rep, who introduced that expression, so I was just taking-up where he left off. Glad to hear it is working well for you. Once there is an accumulation of such positive reports it will be safe enough to do the update.

Obscure is the Autocorrect for "KBSC" (Keyboard Short Cut). I didn't catch that it had been autocorrected before posting it.  My apologies for confusing you.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

adias

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 02:43:10 pm »

Just updated to 2015.9 and the tone curve problem still exist with Sierra. It has been a problem since September of 2016 when Sierra was first released. I wonder what Adobe would say if those of us with this CC Lightroom problem were to ask for a partial refund? Yep, we all know exactly what Adobe would say.

Tell Adobe that as it may be hardware specific. I have reported this before, but it is working fine (for me) now under Sierra.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 02:54:30 pm »

Tell Adobe that as it may be hardware specific. I have reported this before, but it is working fine (for me) now under Sierra.
I and many of those who are dealing with this bug have already provided Adobe with our hardware specs. Months ago.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »

Obscure is the Autocorrect for "KBSC" (Keyboard Short Cut). I didn't catch that it had been autocorrected before posting it.  My apologies for confusing you.

Thanks Rick, I'm still confused, but let's move on. If it works, fine.

ButchM

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 05:58:14 pm »

Just another reminder from Adobe that for those who don't need the labour-pains of early adoption, it's best to wait several months for the bugs to be identified and corrected.

Yup ... best to wait and see. I have had to roll back to a known working past version far too many times in the past to blindly update anything from Adobe.

Considering there's really little improvement offered in this update that is worth the risk of early adoption.

rdonson

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 08:34:22 am »

There's no obscuring. On CC simply go to the tools icon (gear at top right) and click Check for App Updates. On the perpetual license there's an Update command under one of the menus.

The no-showing updates on CC is probably due to a user choice to not auto-update the CC manager.

I updated to the new version and it works well.

Sorry...that wasn't the case for me.  I NEVER chose not to auto-update CC manager in fact it still showed that auto-update was enabled.

For the first time I did have to go to the "gear" icon and tell it to check for app updates.  Then the update to Lr appeared.  My guess is that Adobe changed something with the last update to the CC app.

BTW, the update to ACR showed up without any intervention on my part.
Regards,
Ron

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 03:09:13 am »

If you keep your PC on most of the day and seldom restart (I put it in hibernation instead of shutting down, for example), the CC app may look for updates one or two days after the actual release. This is why some people don't see the updates pending right away.

Also if you are not on Windows 10 it's easy to miss the update notifications.

No issues on my part either, not a single issue since I switched to CC from CS6. Last time I had a crash it was with one of the 2014 versions of Photoshop, no issues since then. I understand that some software and hardware combinations can be prone to issues, but there's no reason to be paranoid about updates. A safe route is to update your second (or third) machine first and keep your main workhorse for later, so if you spot any problems you can keep working without interruptions. Obviously keep backups of everything important, and keep them up to date. More importantly have a plan to quickly restore said backups.
Instagram (updated often)

ButchM

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 12:27:41 pm »

I understand that some software and hardware combinations can be prone to issues, but there's no reason to be paranoid about updates.

It isn't paranoia if more than a few users have a lack of faith in new updates from Adobe. The historical facts prove otherwise. Once burned, twice shy. There is a difference between a lack in faith that a software developer employs due diligence or suffering from paranoia.

If you haven't experienced any issues of late, bully for you. Your experience may very well be the result of your workflow not pushing the envelope in a wider range of use. There are many issues and bugs in both Photoshop and Lightroom  that I don't experience personally because I may not utilize those functions in my workflow. I certainly don't go online and profess all is well because I don't experience them. Perusing any of the popular user forum discussions is another form proof positive that the issues are not all outlier problems that result from obscure 'software and hardware combinations' ... many were the outright removal of functionality. Some intended because Adobe thought they knew better, some as a consequence of those same folks at Adobe not doing their homework prior to implementation and official release.

Rather than diagnosing your fellow forum participants as suffering from unwarranted delusion of persecution, maybe you could trust their experiences have been quite different than yours and are actually justified by historical fact.

hogloff

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 04:48:52 pm »

Such hostility.

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 10:12:56 am »

Such hostility.
Not hostility. Unfortunately there are folks who see Adobe either as having a halo, or that of a meal ticket. The truth is, it is a for profit, public company which answers to Wall Street and as such will sometimes make decisions not in the best interest of its paying customers. This isn't hostility, but facts.

I prefer Lightroom (ACR) over other post processing programs. It is excellent as a color processing tool. But Adobe also nears malfeasance in its arrogance:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/tone-curve-still-broken-in-lr-cc2015-8?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_comment&utm_content=reply_button&reply[id]=18480961#reply_18480961

ButchM

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 11:39:43 am »

Such hostility.

To whom are you referencing as behaving in a hostile manner?

Is it customers who have pointed out historical fact of Adobe's less than desirable results for several recent updates ... or the person accusing his fellow forum members as suffering from delusions?

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 11:57:42 am »

Sorry, my intention wasn't to attack people. I understand being wary of updates, this is why I suggested updating other machines first and test the new version to make sure everything you need is working as expected.

The only company I care about is mine. I use Lightroom and Photoshop in my workflow as they are very efficient for my style of shooting, but I prefer Capture One Pro colors and color tools. If anything I miss the old Corel applications, maybe I should just move to the CorelDRAW X8 suite! :P
Instagram (updated often)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up