Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporing in LR I can't Get a File Size Bigger when Exporting  (Read 1831 times)

rollsman44

Exporing in LR I can't Get a File Size Bigger when Exporting
« on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:37 pm »

When I send out a Jpeg out to be retouched from outside vendor I get it back a little smaller file size than when I sent it. Now, I am trying to Import it into LR and select it and Export it to a Bigger file size so I can get a Big print .  I am trying to Increase the file size of the image but it does not work. Help.  Thank you
 my email is :  rollsman4@yahoo.com in case I can't find my way back to this forum.  Thanks  Dennis

Steve House

Re: Exporing in LR I can't Get a File Size Bigger when Exporting
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:03:21 am »

Once pixels are gone they're gone for good.

stamper

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 09:06:47 am »

Why are you using Jpeg? Tiff would be better if an image needs to be retouched.

BradSmith

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:04:59 pm »

What are your export settings when you try to upsize the image?

JeanMichel

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 01:03:28 pm »

JPGs are a final product. Once you have one, from whatever way it was created: in-camera, or a "save as jpg" file, you have final product. Making any changes to a jpg and saving the result as a jpg will cause for a new loss of data (even if saved at the highest quality).

I have always compared a jpg from a camera to a polaroid print: you get a final 'print' processed by the camera processor. It can be quite good, but it is a final result.

Upsizing a jpg is similar to copying a small print and printing an enlargement. All you are doing is increasing the size of whatever made the small print: silver grains, inkjet dots, or whatever. You cannot retrieve any details that were removed from the original capture.

When designing books I am most frequently provided with jpg images, most require some sort of manipulation: sizing, cropping, exposure, etc. I do the best I can, and always save the results as either a tif or psd file. There really is no other way.

Jean-Michel

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:40:11 pm »

my email is :  rollsman4@yahoo.com in case I can't find my way back to this forum.  Thanks  Dennis

Hum...I guess this fellow is unclear on the concept of a web forum vs. personal tech support. Yeah, no...I don't think you'll be getting any personal tech support emails–at least not from me. Also, it's not particularly smart posting your actual email address in the open. Your choice but not a good one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up