Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BritexCom  (Read 5259 times)

Rob C

Re: BritexCom
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 03:40:38 pm »

"So what about jobs for the less academically able?"

They're in China making Trump baseball caps, Melania fashion designs and Nike sportswear.

Cheers,

Ah, but more cheaply than our "less academicallies" - and that's the worldwide problem that will see the cycle move from country to country as each new cheap place becomes tomorrow's too expensive, and in the end, the work will come back to the earlier expensive countries that will no longer seem expensive!

Mr Trump's banking on that cycle - maybe he just jumped into the thing too soon, and the Rust Belt has a bit longer to wait before it need dust itself down and start clearing away the old mothballed factories to make way for the new...

Unless we manage to wipe ourselves off the face of Earth first, I guess that's how the thing's going to run: a perpetual changing of the guard.

Rob C

jeremyrh

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 10:26:10 am »

This has to be the most disgraceful and disgusting post I've seen on this forum. LuLa is not a nice place to come to anymore.
It's not so disgusting; it is profoundly ignorant, but that's another matter. Coffee Corner is the Post-Truth part of LuLa. If people made similar claims about, say, lens resolution, they would be hanged from the nearest lamp-post, but here it is the standard mode of behaviour to write outlandish nonsense without a shred of proof.

Interesting times.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 11:43:06 am »

Moe on the lemmings syndrome:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/15178439.Ian_McConnell__Companies_moving_fast_to_shift_activities_out_of_UK_as_Brexit_looms/?ref=eb
I think EU based organizations will be forced out of London once Brexit is triggered.  The European Medicines Evaluations Agency is located at Canary Wharf and has a fairly large staff (though some are only in town during the work week, flying home on cheap flights for the weekend).  When I was still in the pharma industry I did some work with them.  Leaving London will be a blow as these are all very high salaried jobs.

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 04:25:16 pm »

As somebody suggested, this end of LuLa attracts a wide variety of persons.

On balance, I feel it's fairly strong on the right, rather empty of the centre but overflowing on the radical left. What a pity. Maybe it's a part of the wannabe luvvies thing; you know, feeling as one with Hollywoodian elite and all... or just a morbid ignorance, a last-stand at proto-Communism, perhaps.

Oh well, it's either a blemish or a beauty spot. Who gives a damn?

Rob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up