Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antarctica 2018 South Of The Circle  (Read 1799 times)

Kevin Raber

• Administrator
  • Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Antarctica 2018 South Of The Circle
« on: March 05, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »

I have been traveling to Antarctica every year since 2005, some years I have even made the journey to this amazing continent twice!  On one of our trips about five years ago, we went south of the circle and had the chance to travel through a channel called the Gullet.  This was one of the best days of my life.  Words cannot describe the scenery; it was like being in heaven.  The water was flat; as calm as a mirror.  The sky was the bluest Id ever seen it, almost black when you stared straight up.  The reflections of the coastline against the mirrored water was the most incredible sight I had ever seen.  For most of the day, we remained on deck, taking photographs and holding our breath, waiting excitedly to see what was around the next bend.  The ships crew served us our meals on deck, as no one was willing to step away and risk missing an opportunity for such incredible shots.

We'd love to have you join our trip from February 1 - 10, 2018.  We will be flying over the Drake and avoiding 2.5 days of rough seas for each leg of the trip.  We land in Antarctica and head south right away.  This trip will offer some amazing possibilities for photography.  As we are going later in the season we'll expect a number of areas that are sometimes difficult to access be available for our exploring. Art Wolfe and I are leading this trip with a team of other instructors.  Check it out on our Workshops Page or the Rockhopper Workshops page.

Every trip I've made to Antarctica has a defining and for many life changing moment.  I hope you can join us and find your moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up