Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old stones in France  (Read 15643 times)

francois

Re: Old stones in France
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2017, 07:04:00 am »

Little chapel lost in the fields...

This is the last “Old stones” photograph that I will post to this site. I still have a few landscape ones that I will post until the end if this year, then I will leave, as my photos have obviously not “met their audience” (as they say) on LL.

Too bad because I really enjoyed them!
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2017, 08:07:25 am »

I very much enjoy seeing your Old Stones adn Landscapes from France, and I hope to see more.
I think they are well-seen, realistic rather than "spectacular," which may be why you haven't gotten many comments.

I like them and they make me want to get back to France again.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Blue439

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2017, 08:18:20 am »

Thank you François and Eric, I know you two are among the few who ever commented on my photos.

Eric, you are probably right about the "natural" versus "spectacular". I strive to do "natural", i.e., reproduce what my eyes have seen, instead of giving in to the (cheesy, in my opinion) temptation of pushing those Photoshop cursors all the way.

I simply wouldn't have thought that, given the supposedly highly specialized and experienced membership of LL, this was a place where "spectacular" would prevail, just as on Flickr, Facebook, Instagram and the like, where the vulgum pecus reign as masters. I had hoped to find more like-minded, discerning people here, but alas...

degrub

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2017, 09:58:01 am »

I very much enjoy seeing your Old Stones adn Landscapes from France, and I hope to see more.
I think they are well-seen, realistic rather than "spectacular," which may be why you haven't gotten many comments.

I like them and they make me want to get back to France again.

i as well. i viewed the intent as more documentary rather than seeking critique. Maybe that is one reason there was not a strong response ?

churly

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2017, 04:31:08 pm »

Thank you François and Eric, I know you two are among the few who ever commented on my photos.

Eric, you are probably right about the "natural" versus "spectacular". I strive to do "natural", i.e., reproduce what my eyes have seen, instead of giving in to the (cheesy, in my opinion) temptation of pushing those Photoshop cursors all the way.

I simply wouldn't have thought that, given the supposedly highly specialized and experienced membership of LL, this was a place where "spectacular" would prevail, just as on Flickr, Facebook, Instagram and the like, where the vulgum pecus reign as masters. I had hoped to find more like-minded, discerning people here, but alas...

I think that you are perhaps misinterpreting the response.  There are a lot of good images posted on Lula that get very little response.  What are you trying the achieve by posting?  Do you pose questions that might guide others on what you would like to see critiqued?  Do you want critique?  Do you critique or respond to other posters?  Also, note that there groups of folks here that tend to respond to each other because they converse enough to have formed a personal bond based partly on personality but mostly based on the desire to communicate.  I think the very effort of joining the conversation and being part of the conversation is the value of Lula.  I personally haven't had much time for the conversing on Lula recently but I don't draw the conclusion that lack of comment is due to an audience that is seeking the spectacular.  I think you should stay on and join the conversation.  That is where the value is.

Best,
Chuck
Chuck Hurich

VladR

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2018, 12:21:27 pm »

Your photographs of castle ruins are beautiful.  Do not misinterpret lack of response as a negative.  Many people, myself included, appreciate the beauty within an image and are simply content to move on without leaving an impression.  There are many other sites such as Flickr, PhotoNet, Instagram etc where feedback is more prolific, but the substance of that feedback often rings hollow and superficial.  Be happy and keep shooting (and posting).

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2018, 08:10:50 pm »

What Chuck and Vlad said, Eric too, hear, hear!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up