Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Printing Error with Lightroom and P800  (Read 996 times)

BeThenPhotos

Strange Printing Error with Lightroom and P800
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:54:30 am »

I'm trying to print a panorama of a landscape scene and have run into a small issue that I'm hoping someone can assist with.  When I first printed the photo and noticed a small area of black horizontal lines in one section of the scene.  I assumed that there must have been some dirt or something on the paper that had caused a smudge.  A few weeks later I reprinted the photo and was surprised to see the same mark on the print at the same location.  The mark has not appeared on prints of any other photos.  When I print a smaller version of this same photo the mark (or a scaled down version of it) does not appear.  The mark is not visible in the RAW file.  I've attached a photo of the overall panorama and a close up of the mark.  The mark is not evident in Lightroom.  The photos were taken with a Sony A7ii and the panorama was stitched in and printed from Lightoom CC. If anyone has seen anything similar and has a work around I'd love to hear it.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Strange Printing Error with Lightroom and P800
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:08:38 am »

Looks like a head strike.
Check all your settings, platen etc.
More importantly how is the print being supported when it comes out of the printer? If it is going straight to the floor it may be buckling the paper in the print zone causing the strike.

unesco

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:18:18 am »

That is definitely a head strike, as Dan noticed. I had similar sometimes with some papers while printing on P800 or 3880 - paper, depending on ink amount gets wet and might deform at the output of the printer, so it is not laying down straight and uniform on output tray. Sometimes if panorama is long and has not enough free space to go out it might cause some tension rising up paper towards print head.

BeThenPhotos

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 10:25:08 am »

Thanks for your help.  I'll watch the next print carefully and try to make sure the paper does not get caught on anything.  This is about the spot where the curl on the roll might grab at the output tray on it's way through the printer so it kind of makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up