Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SW2700pt does not validate calibration correctly  (Read 4405 times)

Keith

SW2700pt does not validate calibration correctly
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:57:19 pm »

New Benq SW2700pt on two different PC's  (laptop with Windows 7 home intel 3000 graphics & new HP Elitedesk with Windows 7 Pro intel 530 graphics). HDMI cable with laptop, DisplayPort with desktop. Calibration with i1 Display Pro attached at USB port on monitor using Pallet Master. Set monitor to AdobeRGB, tried at default luminance of 160, also 120. Luminance and Temp are achieved but validation report shows Failed. Average delta runs around 3.5 - 4.5. Max delta runs around 5.2 - 6.8. Also tried to calibrate with i1 software, QA Report shows N/A for all fields. What am I missing?

howardm

Re: SW2700pt does not validate calibration correctly
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:59:29 am »

if the monitor has USB, you might want to try connecting that to the computer.  Sometimes, the monitors have trouble doing hardware calibration over HDMI or anything fancy.  Long shot but trivial to try.

Pictus

• Retouching
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 04:02:22 pm »

Check the configuration if the HDMI is using the proper RGB range of 0-255 and not 16-235
https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

ChrisMax

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 09:39:54 am »

After exchanging three of these monitors I've kept the fourth because it was acceptable but just barely.  I'm using the i1display pro and the palette master elements 1.2.1. software to calibrate.  When calibrating to 5000k the resulting color temp is 6492k.  Of course the validation fails miserably because 5000k is a long way from 6492k.  However when using displaycal to check the uniformity the color temp reads 4982k so the calibration is correct even though pme is giving the wrong result.  A check with i1display pro software also confirms the displaycal result so I know it's not the i1display pro at fault.  I can actually see the difference in the screen.  Presently working on this situation with BenQ tech support which has been great it's just too bad they have deal with a lousy quality control issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up