Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Station Lighting--Solux-Fixture options etc  (Read 17038 times)

Tim Lookingbill

Re: Print Station Lighting--Solux-Fixture options etc
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 10:43:58 pm »

Called up a Hyperikon CSR about why they have Amazon send an automatic email request twice asking for feedback after the product arrives when they already have 995 reviews on the bulbs I just demo'ed here. He said that it's just part of their customer service style and that I can unsubscribe within the email.

He mentioned Samsung as primary provider of the bulbs components and didn't know much more. I asked him why their bulb has so many reviews and Soraa has none when they've been in business as long as Hyperikon (4 years). He said he never heard of Soraa. After I heard him over the phone confirming of Soraa's sparse supply of both product and reviews on Amazon, he told me he couldn't explain it.

From the price of the Yuji LED and I'm beginning to think this is just a wild west business model on who can come up with better CRI numbers over the other and have the high price reflect it and make believers out of an unsuspecting public.

The Hyperikon 5000K bulb is slightly weak in accurately rendering cyan but not by much that adaptation would take notice. I viewed an  an over saturated Fuji Frontier drylab cyan ink dump error on a print whose cyan extends beyond AdobeRGB and it looked quite intense.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 12:15:39 pm »

https://store.yujiintl.com/collections/high-cri-led-lights/products/yamada-lighting-z-80pro-high-cri-led-desk-lamp-brightness-adjustment-eye-friendly-lamp-multiple-shadows-prevent-unit-1pcs
yeah, also saw a regular incandescent style bulb.  But most of us want a bulb to be used in a fixture we already have, such as a PAR 20 or 30, or MR 16 style bulb.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 02:21:08 pm »

Wonder why I'm getting "Your Connection Is Not Secure" warning from Firefox clicking on the store.yujiintl.com link? I didn't get this yesterday.

Pete JF

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 02:31:22 pm »

Hi Folks, OP here,

I ordered both the 3000 and 4000k Hyeprikon Par 30 bulbs.

I like the 3000 for what I do..the 4000 is a bit dodgy for me

Nice even speed and distribution of light.

Even with the pleasing 3000k color I still feel the LED 'thing'..for lack of a better description..I guess it has to do with how the spectrum gets represented..don't know enough to say more but I see that.

Thanks for the tips..I'm going to read through this thread and test a few more of the suggested bulbs..

rdonson

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:02 pm »

... But most of us want a bulb to be used in a fixture we already have, such as a PAR 20 or 30, or MR 16 style bulb.

Wayne, you nailed it.  I'm running MR 16 4K LEDs in my old Solux track. The halogens looked good but switching to LEDs enabled me to use 6 MR 16s instead of 4. I like the extra light and not burning myself when I accidentally touched a halogen bulb is a nice bonus.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up