Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding Exported Images in Capture One 10  (Read 1867 times)

ccrevasse

Finding Exported Images in Capture One 10
« on: March 01, 2017, 12:46:02 pm »

Forgive me for what is likely the question of a simpleton, but I am new to Capture One, coming from Bridge and Camera Raw.  I have pretty well figured out the C1 processing controls.  However, the C1 catalog/library has been frustrating.  When I export an image in C1 (raw converted to jpeg) to the folder of images I am processing, the new jpeg does not appear in my C1 thumbnails until I import the entire folder of images again.  I would like C1 to operate like Bridge: I download files from my memory card to a specific folder on my hard drive; I open that folder in C1 and work on images in that folder; I export raws converted to jpegs to that folder; the new jpegs immediately appear in the C1 thumbnails on my screen, and the jpegs can be found in that folder not only with C1 but also with any other file browser.  How can I accomplish this?  Thanks. 

ccrevasse

Re: Finding Exported Images in Capture One 10
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:05:59 am »

Never mind.  I tried switching to "sessions" and, assuming I successfully accomplished that, my processed images are now showing up and can be found as I hoped.  I must say, though, that I find the interface of Capture One (Pro) to be challenging, and the effects of my processing and sharpening to be difficult to predict in the final processed images.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 09:25:38 am »

Never mind.  I tried switching to "sessions" and, assuming I successfully accomplished that, my processed images are now showing up and can be found as I hoped.  I must say, though, that I find the interface of Capture One (Pro) to be challenging, and the effects of my processing and sharpening to be difficult to predict in the final processed images.

Hi,

I did read but did not respond to your initial question, because I also work in Sessions and not Catalogs (so there might be something in Catalogs that we both overlooked).

I do not quite follow why you find it difficult to predict how the final output will be, because there you can turn on Proofing (for color, and for sharpening), which should exactly show what the color-managed output looks like. Make sure you have selected the proper settings for proofing.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

ccrevasse

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »

Hi,

I did read but did not respond to your initial question, because I also work in Sessions and not Catalogs (so there might be something in Catalogs that we both overlooked).

I do not quite follow why you find it difficult to predict how the final output will be, because there you can turn on Proofing (for color, and for sharpening), which should exactly show what the color-managed output looks like. Make sure you have selected the proper settings for proofing.

Cheers,
Bart

Yes, proofing is probably the key.  I need to figure that out.  Thanks.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:14 pm »

Yes, proofing is probably the key.  I need to figure that out.  Thanks.

Here's a start:
http://blog.phaseone.com/control-your-output-in-capture-one-pro-10/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFORMVsKcM

And under View|Proof Profile you can select the color profile to use for proofing.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:06:03 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up