Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon DPP Problem - embeds wrong profile  (Read 6427 times)

Scootre

Canon DPP Problem - embeds wrong profile
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:50:37 pm »

In Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP) v2.1.1.4 (on XP Pro SP2) I am finding that after processing the RAW to 16bit TIFF, I get the wrong profile embedded.  I have the DPP prefs set to "Default Working Space = AdobeRGB"; and I'm using a Canon 20D set to embed AdobeRGB.

When processing RAW files to 16Bit TIFF I have set the conversion options to embed the profile. When I open the Tiff file in Photoshop CS2, it reports the embedded profile to be "sRGB 1.31 (Canon)" - ie NOT Adobe RGB.

A check of the RAW files using DPP's info menu item confirms the image is in the AdobeRGB space.

If when processing the RAW files I turn off the check box for DPP to embed the profile, Photoshop now reports the embedded profile to be "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" - again, not AdobeRGB. So even if I tell it not to embed a profile, it still embeds one and again, not the one set to the program's default space.

PS CS2 is set to Preserve Embedded / Ask when opening and for what it's worth, the default RGB working space is Adobe RGB.

I can't find any mention of this problem anywhere - Googling or on Canon.com.

Suggestions anyone?

psy4fun

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:44:21 pm »

Hi,

Same version here, but DPP is embedding AdobeRGB no matter what color space I use in Default Working Space.

Alex

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:31:29 am »

DPP is buggy and klunky. You're probably much better off using Bridge or Lightroom, especially if you color calibrate them to your camera.

adam_k

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 01:12:05 am »

wow, i have the same problem, but it always embeds sRGB, super frustraiting. I want adobe RGB. attached is a screen grab of my settings if anyone thinks they can figure it out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/viva_hate/arg.jpg
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:13:01 am by adam_k »

adam_k

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 12:39:23 pm »

I just fixed the problem on my end, so hopefully it'll fix things on your end too. During the actual convert and save dialogue box, there is a button that asks you to "embed the ICC profile", mine was not checked off, but once i did have it checked my problems went away. might work on your end too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up