Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCC selection in C1 mouse scrolling enablement  (Read 1512 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
LCC selection in C1 mouse scrolling enablement
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:39:00 am »

Since I can remember, when you go to select a saved LCC in C1, when you open the selection box, mouse scrolling is not enabled, both on Mac and Windows.  All you can do is go to the very bottom of the screen and hit the down arrow. 

For photographers, with hundreds of LCC's across many different Phase backs, like myself, this process becomes tedious. 

Would it be possible to enable scrolling with the mouse scroll where here?  It would save a lot of time.  Or have I missed a setting that allows this?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Re: LCC selection in C1 mouse scrolling enablement
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:27:48 pm »

Well, seeing as no one has replied...

I use LR, but I can say that I fully share your frustration.  The same problem exists in several areas within LR.
Very annoying.  It would be nice if not only the mouse wheel worked, but if there were scroll-bars on top of that.

The only thing I might say is to put in a feature request.
I'd do the same for LR, but I doubt Adobe would listen.  Maybe Phase One will..?

However:
There is one thing that may ease the problem a bit - at least if you use Windows.  I have a program called "X-Mouse Button Control"..  In it, I have configured the 'browser-back' button, in LR, to be a sticky left mouse button (and the 'forward' button the same but with the ALT qualifier).  Not only for this issue - it's very useful for many things in image editing programs as well.  In the problem selection areas I can press that button on the down-arrow button and wait 5 minutes  ::) while it [slowly] scrolls automatically.
For Mac, I'm quite sure there would be something similar.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:41:25 pm by Hoggy »
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:00:49 pm »

Thanks, I will look into that as I use Windows most of the time with C1.  I had hoped David Grover would notice this and pass it on to P1. 

To me it's a huge oversight as pretty much everything else in C1 is mouse enabled for scrolling.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 10:52:34 am »

Since I can remember, when you go to select a saved LCC in C1, when you open the selection box, mouse scrolling is not enabled, both on Mac and Windows.  All you can do is go to the very bottom of the screen and hit the down arrow.

Hi Paul,

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are doing and thus what the problem is.

LCCs are usually shot in sequence with other images. When an LCC is selected together with other imagefiles, one can apply the LCC to those selected images. I don't get a selection box that needs scrolling, by mouse or otherwise.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 01:49:53 pm »

Hi Bart,

Long ago, I did not realize you could store the LCC's under a folder in C1, so each trip, new folder.

I have years of LCC data, most likely over 400 LCC's now.  I don't want to delete the older ones as they go back to my P45+ or IQ160.

So, after I have created a LCC, when I go to select that LCC, C1 loads all of them in a huge long list (since I did not break them up by trips) and the list is quite long now.  At the very bottom of the LCC selection screen there is a down arrow, (tiny).  Currently in Mac or Win to advance on this screen, you have to take your pointer to that down arrow and then hold down the mouse button until you come to the LCC you want.  It would be much faster if I could just scroll through this list with a wheel on the mouse, which currently is not possible.  BTW, C1 also handles ICC profiles the same way, thus if you want to change anything again you have to find the tiny down arrow and press until you get there.  Just seems old fashion to me. And for sure takes more time, especially if you are working  a lot of LCC's across many different trips with varied dates.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up