Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX availability slips (round 1?)  (Read 33164 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Fuji GFX availability slips (round 1?)
« on: February 28, 2017, 06:51:08 am »

Just noticed that B&H has moved out the ship date on the their first shipments of the Fuji GFX.  Up till midnight of last night, B&H still showed shipping on 02/28/27 but that now has changed to shipping soon. 

Did anyone see a ship notice from B&H?  Just curious. 

The only piece I have seen in stock is the detachable EVF that allows rotation.  That appears to be in stock at B&H in limited quantities, and Adorama had it in stock for a few days also.

Hope this doesn't become a pattern. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Fuji GFX availability slips (round 1?)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:09:39 am »

There is one in stock at amazon.co.jp and some in stock at Yodobashi.com. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:12:43 am by BernardLanguillier »

vjbelle

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:51:29 am »

Just noticed that B&H has moved out the ship date on the their first shipments of the Fuji GFX.  Up till midnight of last night, B&H still showed shipping on 02/28/27 but that now has changed to shipping soon. 

Paul Caldwell

You beat me to it, Paul.  I also hoped that Fuji would arrive on the scheduled date.

Victor

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:35:43 am »

I hope it's not a repeat of the X1D.  I still don't understand why companies don't pad the delivery date as they seldom seem to deliver on time.  They could at least provide updates when the schedule slips.  Oh well - I should be use to this by now!

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:27:00 am »

Interesting timing!  I just got an email from my dealer saying my camera has arrived with 3 lenses.  I will receive it this week.  Unfortunately, I'm heading to Japan for a couple of weeks doing photography so I won't be able to put it through it's paces.

Rdmax

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:12:56 am »

I hope it's not a repeat of the X1D.  I still don't understand why companies don't pad the delivery date as they seldom seem to deliver on time.  They could at least provide updates when the schedule slips.  Oh well - I should be use to this by now!

Wouldn't look good for pre-orders I guess

gkroeger

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 11:20:41 am »

Paul Caldwell

Sounds like the availability moved up a full decade.  :D

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »

In talking to my dealer he also told me he had orders in for 15 units but only got one.  Sounds like delivery will be slow in the beginning.  I suspect, as with the X1D, initial orders exceeded expectations. 

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 04:21:49 pm »

That there would be limited delivery with respect to shipping GFX orders was disclosed by Fuji on February 22nd.

February 22, 2017
Dear valued customers

Due to high interest in the FUJIFILM GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera system, we will require some time to fulfill demand. We expect to see the situation start to improve by the end of March. We apologize for the delay and ask you for your kind understanding.

Fujifilm GFX Limited Delivery

Just as with the X-T2, the number of pre-orders surpassed Fuji's "demand forecast". Fuji's Makoto Oishi said in an interview with The imaging Resource yesterday, "We’ve sold more X-T2’s than we ever expected.”  Looks like the same may hold true for the GFX...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:26:49 pm by Stephen Scharf »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 04:53:28 pm »

Sorry to insist... but there is still stock at major retailers in Japan... which was never the case for the X1D. These are 2 totally different situations.

It almost feels like some here are hoping that Fuji is going to miss this launch... and willing to cherry pick the facts to bend the story accordingly.

Cheers,
Bernard

Stephen Scharf

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »

Sorry to insist... but there is still stock at major retailers in Japan... which was never the case for the X1D. These are 2 totally different situations.

It almost feels like some here are hoping that Fuji is going to miss this launch... and willing to cherry pick the facts to bend the story accordingly.

Cheers,
Bernard

Yup, here it is for sale at BIC Camera in Japan.

Just from a historical perspective, when a new product was launched into the X-system, it was not at all unusual for products to  become available and ship to customers in Europe and Asia before they became available for shipment in North America. This was the case with a number of lenses, and the X100T, IIRC. Often times the time difference was a month or more.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:21:18 pm by Stephen Scharf »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 05:20:59 pm »

Hi Bernard, I hope you are not implying I hope that Fuji fails, as that is not the case.  I had high hopes of this launch in the US.  Had hoped that Fuji would not repeat the mistakes that were made by others with similar products.  I have been on board with the GFX for over 1 year now, since the first rumors of it appeared actually 1.5 years ago.   So no I am not hoping to see the launch fail.  However, I believe that it could have been handled better and am surprised at this glitch after the debacle on C1 support. 

B&H, almost never shows a actual date unless they know it for sure.  As of last night, it was 02/28/17.  I have contacted B&H twice today and both times I have been told no GFX product arrived in their warehouse to ship.  On the 2nd call, I pushed for more info seeking to find if B&H received some cameras just a limited number and thus my order was not high enough in the que.  But again they told me, nothing had arrived.  I did then and still do find it a bit hard to believe that B&H has no idea where such a outlay of product might be.  I have still to hear if anyone with a first day order on the GFX at B&H had anything ship. 

The X1D as beautiful and masterful a design does not appeal to me for a lot of reasons.  I have been a Fuji user since the days of the Fuji re-branded Nikon N90 (can't remember that camera's name) and even then Fuji was using x-trans or something like it.  This camera, the GFX is straight Bayer pattern and I am very strongly looking forward to it as the raw conversion should be much more straight forward. 

So, no I sure don't wish ill will on Fuji, however I do wish that they had better communicated on their dates as for some reason they gave B&H a valid reason to suppose 02/28/17 was a real date.

From reading several posts on the close FujiGFX Facebook group I totally agree that the Asia Pacific market has had cameras shipping, quite a few in fact and bit and pieces have shown up on Amazon US.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:45 pm »

i ordered my copy of the GFX within two hours of first availability. And I called today and pushed as much as I could for info. They had none. THey did say that the batteries for the GFX are delayed until March 2nd, but that all other dates were for today.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

jkhansen

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »

They seem to be shipping in real quantities outside of the US -- Germany, Amsterdam and all over Asia.

My dealer said it will probably be mid-late March, maybe early April, before they start hitting stores in the US.

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »

They are hitting the stores now but not in quantity.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 08:21:42 pm »

My B&H status just changed to "Processing".

Jim

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 08:26:35 pm »

My B&H status just changed to "Processing".

Jim

My GFX order at B&H has said processing for weeks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:36:56 pm by Michael Erlewine »
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 08:54:28 pm »

My GFX order at B&H has said processing for weeks.

Well, that's disappointing.

Jim

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 09:02:41 pm »

Well something is going on as the extra battery was "processing" for the last few days, and it was changed back to "order placed", which tells me the extra batteries have been pushed back, which also correlates to what I am reading on the FujiGFX group page. 

Looks like B&H has yet to get any of the rest of the gear in besides the removable EVF, but may still get something sooner than later.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

jkhansen

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 09:21:57 pm »

Looks like I spoke too soon....

Was just sent this from Samy's Camera a few minutes ago.

Good sign for others who placed orders the day of the announcement.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up