Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pentax 645Z lenses  (Read 2034 times)

pentax645z

New Pentax 645Z lenses
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:28:22 pm »

Are lenses like the 90mm or 55mm covering a full frame sensor like the one of the IQ100 ?

Thanks
David

tsjanik

Re: New Pentax 645Z lenses
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:48:45 pm »

All D FA and the older FA lenses will cover the area required for full frame 645.  Since the 55 and 90mm are D FA the answer to your question is yes.  Reduced image circle lenses are designated DA; the only DA lens in production is the 28-45mm DA and would likely be fine on full frame excepting perhaps the 28mm setting.

pentax645z

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:56:00 pm »

Thanks!

I am tempting to switch system and get  the new and light  GFX but i read that GFX lenses are not supporting full frame MF
My hope is that soon or later Pentax will use the the 100MP Sony sensor  :P

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 11:14:22 pm »

Thanks!

I am tempting to switch system and get  the new and light  GFX but i read that GFX lenses are not supporting full frame MF
My hope is that soon or later Pentax will use the the 100MP Sony sensor  :P
I think it is way more likely that they would support a newer and future version of the 44x33 sensor that is at or near 100mp than it supporting the much larger current 100mp sensor as that would require a complete redesign of the camera.

Joe Towner

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:28:00 am »

I don't expect Pentax to go after the 100mp 53.4x40mm chips, 44x33mm is more than enough, especially with a refresh from Sony to be had soon.  The DA 25mm was dropped not too far back, and some folks think it was due to the image circle it could support.

GFX & X1D are tied to the 44x33 chip size, so when Sony releases a higher MP chip, it'll make it's way to these cameras, though I wager it'll be after the full size backs get a refresh and they get the sensors happier without as much cooling tech required.
t: @PNWMF

pentax645z

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 09:30:32 am »

I don't expect Pentax to go after the 100mp 53.4x40mm chips, 44x33mm is more than enough, especially with a refresh from Sony to be had soon.  The DA 25mm was dropped not too far back, and some folks think it was due to the image circle it could support.

GFX & X1D are tied to the 44x33 chip size, so when Sony releases a higher MP chip, it'll make it's way to these cameras, though I wager it'll be after the full size backs get a refresh and they get the sensors happier without as much cooling tech required.

:-\
So i this point i really must consider the GFX
The 645Z is great....but so heavy  :'(

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:32 am »

I'm not so sure the backs will get the refreshes first, the small chips are easier to design and much cheaper to make - taking this to the extreme cellphones are where the innovation is fastest.

Edmund

If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up