Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhaseOne/Schneider Kreuznach 55mm LS f/2.8 Slow Focus  (Read 1182 times)

ericherrmann

PhaseOne/Schneider Kreuznach 55mm LS f/2.8 Slow Focus
« on: February 25, 2017, 02:56:06 pm »

Compared to the other lenses I own, the focus ring on this one feels extremely dampened in MF (about the same as the 120 macro) and the AF is really slow and sounds like the motor is straining. I've talked to two phase one reps — one has said this is completely normal for this lens, and the other says they've never seen a lens perform like this before. I figured I'd see if anyone else here owns this lens and what their experience has been with it, because this seems off to me.

video of focus comparison between the 55mm LS and the 80mm LS:
https://youtu.be/CaSErf4HFDs

DrakeJ

Re: PhaseOne/Schneider Kreuznach 55mm LS f/2.8 Slow Focus
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:04:43 pm »

It's exactly the same for me. I've asked my dealer to investigate but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 03:43:17 pm »

I have the 55 and 80 LS. My 55 has a lot of motor noise but speed seems normal to me with mine. However my 80mm is a bit faster.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rdmax

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 04:37:36 pm »

That's disconcerting. I'm between the H6D and the XF systems so hearing this about PO sounds disconcerting...

ericherrmann

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 06:16:01 pm »

That's disconcerting. I'm between the H6D and the XF systems so hearing this about PO sounds disconcerting...

Actually, despite the differing opinions between the two dealers, the support so far has been great in regards to this. The staff at Digital Transitions were quick to follow up after hours over the weekend and already have a support case open with Phase One. I'll update this after I hear back from Phase One on it. I was just curious in the meantime about other users' experience with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up