Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 Display Pro Average and Maximum Delta E Threshold ?  (Read 2120 times)

Fred Salamon

i1 Display Pro Average and Maximum Delta E Threshold ?
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:40:40 pm »

When looking at the QA Report for a display profile in advanced mode what should the threshold be set to?
It defaults to :
Average Delta E Threshold 15
Maximum Delta E Threshold 50

Are these values appropriate?

The profile I created results say Pass.
Would changing the threshold values result in a more accurate profile?

mouse

Re: i1 Display Pro Average and Maximum Delta E Threshold ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:31:09 pm »

I have no idea if changing the threshold values will affect the outcome.  However the default values for your software seem a  bit high based on my experience.

For some time I have used an i1 device with dispcalGUI/Argyll software.  Measurement report shows average Delta E*00 = 0.22 and maximum Delta E*00 = 0.75 using a "very extended" test chart.

Fred Salamon

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:13:12 pm »

I have no idea if changing the threshold values will affect the outcome.  However the default values for your software seem a  bit high based on my experience.

For some time I have used an i1 device with dispcalGUI/Argyll software.  Measurement report shows average Delta E*00 = 0.22 and maximum Delta E*00 = 0.75 using a "very extended" test chart.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

If I may ask, what factors lead you to use the Display CAL/Argyll over the i1 Display Profiler?

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:25:54 pm »

If I may ask, what factors lead you to use the Display CAL/Argyll over the i1 Display Profiler?

I'd like to hear Mouse's reasons too...

But for myself, the number one factor was that at the time I stopped using the OEM software, the OEM was only able to do ~400 patches - whereas the DisplayCAL(name change)/Argyll allows for up to 11,000 - and likely more if you build your own test charts using it's built-in utility for that.  Although I tried ~11,000 once, it was still calculating the next day - and VERY slowly, at that - so I aborted it.  Now I just do about 6-to-8,000 or so.  But even with that number of patches, it still gets through the calculating phase rather quickly.

Another reason would be the sheer number of advanced options possible with it.  Even though many are still over my head, it's nice to know that they're there for when I learn more about them.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:54:00 pm by Hoggy »
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

mouse

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:13 pm »

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The Argyll software, particularly when implemented via DisplayCAL, is extremely powerful and feature rich.  By comparison the i1 software is crippled.  The resulting profiles, particularly when evaluated by delta E*00 values are much better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up