Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1000 Auto Power Off  (Read 4459 times)

jemsurvey

Canon Pro-1000 Auto Power Off
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:36 pm »

Hi all,

Just started using the Pro-1000 and by default its set to power off after 240 minutes.  Couple questions...Should I just disable this and power down once each day, or leave on all the time.  I probably print every other day or so.  Is there any significant ink usage on each power up?  I'm new to the larger printers so just wondering whats best practice for printer head life and ink usage.

Thanks in advance.

paulbk

Re: Canon Pro-1000 Auto Power Off
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:38:51 pm »

I set mine to 240 minutes and haven't touched it since. I just let it go to sleep or whatever state it goes into after 240 min.

If I think I'll use the printer within the next few hours I'll tap the On/Off power button and let it go through its wake-up, clean, jiggle ink carts routine.

fyi.. Thus far, after 4 months of use, no problems with my Canon Pro-1000. I love the print quality. No complaints. None.
I use Canson Infinity (exclusively, all sizes, use Canson printer profiles for each paper respectively):
-- Photographique Baryta (310g)
-- Platine Fibre Rag (310g)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:42:07 pm by paulbk »
paul b.k.
New England, USA

jemsurvey

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:37 pm »

Thanks, I've been using the Photographique Baryta (been my favorite) and just ordered some Baryta Prestige and Platine Fibre Rag to try.  First few prints look very good, just need to settle on the settings that work best. Its a pretty substantial piece of equipment....

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:06:16 am »

The Pro-1000 actually powers itself off after the specified time, it is not a sleep state and it won't wake up to run a maintenance cycle or to agitate the ink as other printers do. It runs it's maintenance and agitates the inks only while powering on or off and sometimes during operation, so, apparently there is no benefit from leaving it on all the time.

sjphotos

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 11:34:59 am »

Would that be the same for the Pro-2000?

sabin

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 02:17:13 pm »

The Pro-1000 actually powers itself off after the specified time, it is not a sleep state and it won't wake up to run a maintenance cycle or to agitate the ink as other printers do. It runs it's maintenance and agitates the inks only while powering on or off and sometimes during operation, so, apparently there is no benefit from leaving it on all the time.

If I understand you correctly if I power it of in the evening and then power it on in the morning I will get two ink maintenances from the printer compared to none if I leave it on, is that correct?

I'm really getting pissed off of this ink waste. I measured the waste ink cartage and it has 170gr in it! It is the second cartage and I have not spent all of the furs set of inks! This calculates that you pay approximately 50% more ink price if you do not use the printer for serious work.

I think Canon is adopting Adobe subscription mountly plans with this model. You just pay for ownership, no matter how much you use...

sabin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 05:58:56 pm »

I disabled auto power off and left it on for a week without printing.

I printed a test page today to check the printed pattern and on one if the blacks I got some almost missing lines. So it was no serious block, but still it shows some clogging has happened. I needed to run two head cleans for the problem to disappear!

BTW I measured the waste cartridge before and after running normal head clean and measured 8.2gr difference. So ~5 euros for head clean!
Pages: [1]   Go Up