Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Canon Pro-1000 Auto Power Off

(1/2) > >>

jemsurvey:
Hi all,

Just started using the Pro-1000 and by default its set to power off after 240 minutes.  Couple questions...Should I just disable this and power down once each day, or leave on all the time.  I probably print every other day or so.  Is there any significant ink usage on each power up?  I'm new to the larger printers so just wondering whats best practice for printer head life and ink usage.

Thanks in advance.

paulbk:
I set mine to 240 minutes and haven't touched it since. I just let it go to sleep or whatever state it goes into after 240 min.

If I think I'll use the printer within the next few hours I'll tap the On/Off power button and let it go through its wake-up, clean, jiggle ink carts routine.

fyi.. Thus far, after 4 months of use, no problems with my Canon Pro-1000. I love the print quality. No complaints. None.
I use Canson Infinity (exclusively, all sizes, use Canson printer profiles for each paper respectively):
-- Photographique Baryta (310g)
-- Platine Fibre Rag (310g)

jemsurvey:
Thanks, I've been using the Photographique Baryta (been my favorite) and just ordered some Baryta Prestige and Platine Fibre Rag to try.  First few prints look very good, just need to settle on the settings that work best. Its a pretty substantial piece of equipment....

Geraldo Garcia:
The Pro-1000 actually powers itself off after the specified time, it is not a sleep state and it won't wake up to run a maintenance cycle or to agitate the ink as other printers do. It runs it's maintenance and agitates the inks only while powering on or off and sometimes during operation, so, apparently there is no benefit from leaving it on all the time.

sjphotos:
Would that be the same for the Pro-2000?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version