Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

HP Z3100 44" Looking for a home

(1/3) > >>

Mary K:
I have a 44" HP Z3100 printer that hasn't been run for about a year. The paper feed sensor quit working and I never replaced it. I was going to trash it but thought someone might want it for parts if they are in my area. I'm located in Easton, MD.

I'm printing on a Canon IPF8400 for now, but sure do miss the Z3100.

Mary

Mark Lindquist:
Why don't you fix it?

You could read this and maybe you could fix it yourself.
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=115801.msg960724#msg960724

It's not that hard to do.
Paper sensor replacement is pretty easy.

-Mark

robertDthomas:
I fixed mine and it needed a belt and power supply fan.  With Mark's help and youtube videos it took awhile but by following the steps it can be done.

stockjock:

--- Quote from: Mary K on February 23, 2017, 12:03:42 pm ---I have a 44" HP Z3100 printer that hasn't been run for about a year. The paper feed sensor quit working and I never replaced it. I was going to trash it but thought someone might want it for parts if they are in my area. I'm located in Easton, MD.

I'm printing on a Canon IPF8400 for now, but sure do miss the Z3100.

Mary

--- End quote ---

I'm curious what it is about the Z3100 that you miss if you have the iPF8400?

John Nollendorfs:
What's to miss on a Z printer? Built in profiling and maintenance of printer color balance. Almost never worry about head cleanings (although Canon is good that way too). But most of all, operating expense, the Canon will require a new printer head or two every year to two years, if you use it a lot or a little. (two large heads costing about $400@)

Also, HP inks are have a longer life, and the HP gray inks are color balanced to neutral resulting in some of the best B&W results available from stock printers.

Not a speed demon, but results are definitely worth it. Also, very frugal on ink usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version