Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QTR - banding issues with R1800  (Read 4460 times)

pobrien3

QTR - banding issues with R1800
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:32:44 am »

I just tried Quadtone RIP, and got truly awful results.  Significant banding, huge dot size (looked like I'd shot it on 3200ASA film pushed 5 stops), and ink that wouldn't dry.  Checked the Yahoo QTR newsgroup and appears I'm not alone - consensus seems to be that with this one-ink printer QTR won't give me a good result.  Shame, the tone was nice...!  Anyone using this successfully with this or similar printer?  Advice to share (apart from buy a different printer)?

Peter

JMG

• Afrique Togo
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:07:59 am »

I just tried Quadtone RIP, and got truly awful results.  Significant banding, huge dot size (looked like I'd shot it on 3200ASA film pushed 5 stops), and ink that wouldn't dry.  Checked the Yahoo QTR newsgroup and appears I'm not alone - consensus seems to be that with this one-ink printer QTR won't give me a good result.  Shame, the tone was nice...!  Anyone using this successfully with this or similar printer?  Advice to share (apart from buy a different printer)?

Peter
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a review (in French) for Quadtone Rip; my friend ELCAP had tested this his own R1800. Ask to him ..
[a href=\"http://forum.hardware.fr/hardwarefr/Photonumerique/TOPIC-UNIK-Impressions-EPSON-workflow-tuto-QTR-Qimage-sujet-9116-1.htm]review[/url]

pobrien3

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:35:19 am »

I struggled through the link you gave me (my command of French is very rusty, not having used it for almost 20 years and it wasn't great to start with!), but I see only passing references to QTR - it seems to be a thread about CIS.
Peter

JMG

• Afrique Togo
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:41:36 am »

I struggled through the link you gave me (my command of French is very rusty, not having used it for almost 20 years and it wasn't great to start with!), but I see only passing references to QTR - it seems to be a thread about CIS.
Peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72853\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In the middle of the 1th page, you have a todo for QTR (for the R2400). Register, before you can send a MP to ELCAP to ask your question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up